- DSS reacts to alleged re-arrest of Omoyele Sowore in court, says it was an orchestrated drama
- Hope for cardiac patients: medical breakthrough of 3D-printed heart gets backed by investor James Richman
- BREAKING: Intervene in Sowore’s case, SERAP writes US President, Trump
- JUST IN: IPOB ‘attacks’ Rotimi Amaechi in Spain
- BREAKING: IPOB leader, Nnamdi Kanu loses father
- BREAKING: DSS attempts to rearrest Sowore in court (VIDEO)
- BREAKING: Everton manager Marco Silva sacked
- BREAKING: DSS Finally Releases Sowore After 4 Months In Detention
- BREAKING: Senate passes 2020 Appropriation Bill, raises budget to N10.594trn
- BREAKING: Court orders DSS to transfer El-Zakzaky, wife to Kaduna Correctional Centre
Arsenal legend Nwankwo Kanu slams coach Unai Emery over his criticims towards Mesut Ozil
Arsenal star Mesut Ozil, 29, who earns £300,000 a week has been heavily criticised over his performance for the club.
Earlier this week, Arsenal boss Unai Emery charged the mildfielder who was forced to retire from the German national team over racism and criticism to show commitment and not shy away from the challenge when they face Chelsea today.
Reacting to the criticism aimed at Ozil, Nigerian and Arsenal football legend, Nwankwo Kanu said the club must accept who Mesut Ozil is or sell him as they do not expect Diego Maradona or Lionel Messi to go back and defend.
He told The Sun: ‘Every player is different. What you need is his strengths, not his weaknesses. He can work on his weaknesses but you can’t change him.
‘Either you accept him or you let him go. You don’t want Maradona or Messi to go back and defend, you want them to go and do what they know how to do.
If it’s a style of play, the coach has to accommodate that and make room for Mesut to play in that manner. I don’t know why people are still complaining a lot about him.’