3 things you shouldn’t say to kids about money
Parents need to teach their kids the repercussion of making money mistakes
Before kids begin to understand what to do with the money given to them, it is proper to teach them some lessons about money.
But while you are putting them through financial literacy, you should be very careful about what you say to them.
Here are five things you shouldn’t say to your kids about money.
1. I don’t know how I am going to pay the bills this month
When you are faced with financial issues and inability to pay bills, always resist the urge to tell your kids about it.
According to Dr Brad Klontz, a clinical psychologist and author of the book Mind Over Money, telling them things like this is considered to be too much financial information.
He said, “We can’t involve them in things they’re powerless to do anything about. Laying that load on a child makes her anxious”.
- Why market women stoned me and drove me out of the market, actress, Shan George recounts
- Sterling Bank reaches out to Cynthia Morgan, offers her a deal
- Photo Of Fela Rocking Burna Boy’s Mother On Stage Surface
- Ayofrica, Boy who designed Davido and Wizkid ‘art work’ receives another N1,000,000 cash gift
- Michael Jackson’s son, Prince and his girlfriend look peng in new photos
- Asisat Oshoala begs for Davido’s private jet to return home, says she is stranded in Spain
- Nigerian Banker commits suicide, leaves N15m behind
- I touch her whenever my body moves, single father who impregnated daughter in Edo speaks on how it started
- Husband plucks 4 teeth from wife’s mouth after discovering his 3 children belongs to other men
- PHOTOS: Tragedy as Delta Poly ASUP chairman dies in ghastly motor accident