3 things you shouldn’t say to kids about money
Parents need to teach their kids the repercussion of making money mistakes
Before kids begin to understand what to do with the money given to them, it is proper to teach them some lessons about money.
But while you are putting them through financial literacy, you should be very careful about what you say to them.
Here are five things you shouldn’t say to your kids about money.
1. I don’t know how I am going to pay the bills this month
When you are faced with financial issues and inability to pay bills, always resist the urge to tell your kids about it.
According to Dr Brad Klontz, a clinical psychologist and author of the book Mind Over Money, telling them things like this is considered to be too much financial information.
He said, “We can’t involve them in things they’re powerless to do anything about. Laying that load on a child makes her anxious”.
- VIDEO: Father Of Blue Eyed Kids Narrate His Story, Said He Never Abandon Family
- Kwara blue-eyed mum and daughters glow in new photos
- 22-yr-old singer, Yahaya Sharif-Aminu sentenced to death for blasphemy in Kano
- BBNaija: It was hard to avoid sex with Kiddwaya during our first night in the head of house lounge – Erica
- Epileptic boy chained for two years by his family, rescued in Kebbi
- BBNaijaLockdown: Neo tells Laycon how to deal with Erica’s love triangle
- PHOTOS: Massive explosion erupts from gas station in Russia few days after Lebanon tragedy