- Confusion as Appeal Court rules on Oyo guber poll
- BREAKING: Tam David-West dies at 83
- BREAKING: Petrol tanker burst into flame at Ipaja Road in Lagos State
- Akpabio triumphs as Appeal Court orders rerun in one local govt
- BREAKING: Appeal Court sacks Adeyeye, declares Olujimi winner
- BREAKING: Sowore meets bail conditions, to be released from DSS today
- Lagos Fire: Burning building collapses, kills policeman
- BREAKING: Chelsea complete stunning comeback to draw with nine-man Ajax
- BREAKING: FG orders NCC to reduce data cost
- BREAKING: Court sacks Reps majority leader
3 things you shouldn’t say to kids about money
Parents need to teach their kids the repercussion of making money mistakes
Before kids begin to understand what to do with the money given to them, it is proper to teach them some lessons about money.
But while you are putting them through financial literacy, you should be very careful about what you say to them.
Here are five things you shouldn’t say to your kids about money.
1. I don’t know how I am going to pay the bills this month
When you are faced with financial issues and inability to pay bills, always resist the urge to tell your kids about it.
According to Dr Brad Klontz, a clinical psychologist and author of the book Mind Over Money, telling them things like this is considered to be too much financial information.
He said, “We can’t involve them in things they’re powerless to do anything about. Laying that load on a child makes her anxious”.