- BREAKING: Buhari receives Lyon in Aso Rock
- BREAKING: APC floors PDP in Bayelsa guber poll, obtains over 200,000 votes
- BREAKING: Kidnapped Enugu Catholic Priest regains freedom
- BREAKING: INEC official abducted in Lokoja
- BREAKING: Sanwo-Olu begins payment of N35, 000 Minimum wage to Lagos workers
- BREAKING: Buhari on his way back to Nigeria
- BREAKING: Yola Varsity Chaplain, Prof Felix Ilesani, kidnapped
- BREAKING: Former Minister of Information, Alex Akinyele is dead
- BREAKING: Kidnapped Appeal Court judge, Justice Chioma Nwosu-Iheme regains her freedom
- BREAKING: Nigerian Air Force helicopter crash lands in Enugu
I wish my baby daddy were alive to see me win at AMVCA — Bisola
“Well, it’s been a sad week for me but I’m also happy that I’m winning this,” she told TheCable Lifestyle.
“It’s not just for me it is for my family, it is for people who have watched me grow and also those that have seen my journey.
“Notwithstanding it would have been beautiful if he (Malcolm) was around to see that I have won this because he knows a bit of the journey that I have been on but I’m sure he’s smiling down.”
Speaking of how Nollywood can grow faster, the actress advocated for more collaborative projects like ‘The Wedding Party’.
She said: “How we can grow it further is by collaboration and it’s important that many media houses, filmmakers come together to work as one.
“I keep using The Wedding Party’s success as a reference, there were four companies that came together, Ebonylife Films, FilmOne, Inkblot Production, Koga Studios, so collaboration is the new competition. We shouldn’t see each other as competitors.
“It would help to bring in more funds, it would also help us to deviate from the cliché that we are used to producing which is mostly drama, there so much money that can be made from the African movie industry, say for instance animation which is one sector that we haven’t sampled at all.
“Action as well is something we are still working on we can’t say we are totally competing with foreigners.”
Related interesting topic; Ex-Beauty Queen, Ofou Rukevwe celebrate daughter’s 1-yr birth day wit adorable photos