- BREAKING: FG approves $5.3bn for Ibadan-Kano rail project
- BREAKING: Tribunal uphold Ayade’s victory
- Breaking: Nigerians who fled South Africa over xenophobic attacks arrive in Lagos
- BREAKING: Presidential tribunal upholds Buhari’s election, dismisses PDP petitions in its entirety
- BREAKING: No evidence in INEC electronically transmitted results to server, Court rules
- BREAKING: Immigration hurdles delay arrival of 317 Nigerians from South Africa
- BREAKING: Tribunal dismisses INEC’s motion against Atiku’s lead counsel
- Breaking: FUOYE suspends Students’ Union, shuts campus
- BREAKING: Shi’ites bow to pressure, hold 30-minute procession
- BREAKING: Tribunal sacks APC Senator, Orji Kalu
I wish my baby daddy were alive to see me win at AMVCA — Bisola
“Well, it’s been a sad week for me but I’m also happy that I’m winning this,” she told TheCable Lifestyle.
“It’s not just for me it is for my family, it is for people who have watched me grow and also those that have seen my journey.
“Notwithstanding it would have been beautiful if he (Malcolm) was around to see that I have won this because he knows a bit of the journey that I have been on but I’m sure he’s smiling down.”
Speaking of how Nollywood can grow faster, the actress advocated for more collaborative projects like ‘The Wedding Party’.
She said: “How we can grow it further is by collaboration and it’s important that many media houses, filmmakers come together to work as one.
“I keep using The Wedding Party’s success as a reference, there were four companies that came together, Ebonylife Films, FilmOne, Inkblot Production, Koga Studios, so collaboration is the new competition. We shouldn’t see each other as competitors.
“It would help to bring in more funds, it would also help us to deviate from the cliché that we are used to producing which is mostly drama, there so much money that can be made from the African movie industry, say for instance animation which is one sector that we haven’t sampled at all.
“Action as well is something we are still working on we can’t say we are totally competing with foreigners.”
Related interesting topic; Ex-Beauty Queen, Ofou Rukevwe celebrate daughter’s 1-yr birth day wit adorable photos