- Gunmen kill 10, kidnapped 3 women in Zamfara
- Rev. Fr. Mbaka escapes death in a failed assassination attempts, Adoration ministry cries out
- Reps cancel Ajaokuta Steel privatisation, asks FG to revive it with recovered Abacha loot
- NASS approve June 12 as Democracy Day
- 2019: Obasanjo, Atiku in closed door meeting, plans on how to wrestle power from Buhari
- ASUU strkie continues as meeting with FG ends inconclusive
- Former US president George Bush is dead
- OPC founder, Frederick Fasehun is dead
- Full list of those affected as FG freezes bank accounts of suspects on Nigeria Looters list
- Tension rocks Akwa Ibom as sacked lawmakers again shut down Assembly complex, move to impeach Speaker
I wanted to take off with his money but I fell in love — TASUED Alumni confesses, years after meeting American husband on Facebook
A Nigerian lady said she met her American husband 4 years ago on Facebook when she was only 17 and they got married 2 years ago.
Debbie, who now has a 1-year-old daughter with her American husband, said she met him on Facebook in 2014. She was 17 and he was 22. Her intention at the time was just to get her hands on his money, but they began chatting and fell in love.
She was a student of Tai Solarin University of Education, TASUED, Ijebu Ode, Ogun state at the time and after chatting for 8 months, he came to Nigeria to see her in Ijebu Ode, in 2015. He returned to Ijebu Ode two more times after that, then helped her apply for a USA visa. Her visa application eventually got approved and, in 2016, she travelled to join him in the US.
They got married that same year and now have a 1-year-old daughter.
Read her story in the screenshots below.