- BREAKING: HDP closes case in petition against Buhari,INEC, APC
- JUST IN: Atiku, PDP close case after calling 62 witnesses
- BREAKING: Court rejects Atiku’s returning officer’s request to amend statement
- BREAKING: I got presidential results from website, says Atiku’s witness
- Breaking: Mikel Obi announces retirement from Super Eagles, gives reasons
- BREAKING: Army investigates viral video of soldier assaulting motorist in Lagos
- Breaking: 60 persons escape death as hotel collapses in Ebonyi
- Breaking: Super Eagles defeat Tunisia to clinch Bronze
- BREAKING: Witness faults results of presidential election claimed by Atiku, PDP
- Breaking: Senate confirms Justice Tanko Muhammad as CJN
Suspected killers of Catholic Priest, Fr. Jude Egbom, arrested in Imo
The operatives of the Federal Special Anti-Robbery Squad of the Imo State police command have arrested the suspected killers of Rev Fr. Jude Egbom of St Patrick’s Catholic church, Amucha, in the Njaba Local Government Area of the state.
Fr. Jude Egbom was shot dead and his vehicle stolen on Monday night along Nkwerre-Anara Road. Parading the suspects, Chigozie Uzoukwu, 33, and Peter Ochokwu, 21, on Thursday the state Commissioner of Police, Dasuki Galadanchi, said that the suspects were nabbed in Nkwerre on September 11.
The CP who decried the killing of the cleric said that no murderer will go unpunished.
Worried by the gruesome killing of the priest, Galadanchi disclosed that he activated the Tactical Units of the command to nab the fleeing criminals.
He stated that the efforts of the command paid off with the arrest of the two suspects, recovery of the priest’s vehicle and bag.
The police boss informed that one of the suspects, Ochokwu, was an ex-convict who had spent one year in Owerri prison for alleged involvement in an armed robbery case.
Another interesting topic; Army Captain re-assigned to fight Boko Haram in the North East commits suicide