- BREAKING: AGF takes over Sowore’s case from DSS
- BREAKING: US seizes jet of Nigerian ‘involved in multi-million dollar fraud’
- BREAKING: Reps summon Power, Labour Ministers over planned strike by electricity workers
- BREAKING: Fresh Crisis rocks Presidency as Aisha Buhari attacks Mamman Daura, Garba Shehu
- BREAKING: Court stops Ganduje from creating Kano State Council of Chiefs
- BREAKING: Buhari names Adamu as new AMCON chairman
- BREAKING: Buhari Writes Senate, seeks confirmation of Nami as FIRS Chairman
- BREAKING: Buhari appoints Nami to replace Fowler as FIRS boss
- DSS reacts to alleged re-arrest of Omoyele Sowore in court, says it was an orchestrated drama
- Hope for cardiac patients: medical breakthrough of 3D-printed heart gets backed by investor James Richman
Abducted brides-to-be, Zamfara twin sisters regains freedom
The abducted Zamfara twin and brides-to-be, Hassana and Hussaina have finally regained freedom after 26 days in captivity.
The abducted Zamfara twin and brides-to-be have regained freedom after more than three weeks in captivity.
The vice chairman of Zurmi LGA, Alhaji Abubakar Dauran, confirmed the development to Daily Trust on Saturday.
“We are waiting for their arrival now; they were released after ransom was paid even though their sister called Sumayya is still with them. But you should give us some time please we will talk to you later,” Dauran said.
The twins, Hassana and Hussaina, 16, whose wedding was slated for December, were kidnapped in Dauran town in Zurmi local government area of the state on Tuesday, October 23.
They had visited their sister, Summaya, 20, in preparation for their wedding.
Recall the kidnappers had demanded N150 million and later reduced it to N15 million with threats to kill one of them if not paid.