- Atiku no longer restricted by Visa as the PDP presidential Candidate enters US with Senate President, Saraki
- Nigerian Billionaire, Femi Otedola set to acquire Power Distributing Firm in less than a month
- Nigeria’s ambassador to Cote d’Ivoire, Amb. Ibrahim Isah is dead
- Change of Lagos Commissioner of Police suspended
- Terrorists attack Upscale Hotel Complex in Kenya
- 2019: Senate Deputy, Ekweremadu finally gets appointment in Atiku’s Team
- Exposed: Dennis Aghanya, the man who petition Justice Walter Onnoghen was President Buhari’s aide
- CJN Walter Onnoghen: Atiku warns Buhari, says don’t throw Nigeria into crisis
- Again, APC website has been hacked
- Armed Policemen storm NFF with warrant to arrest Amaju Pinnick, others
The flag-off of the All Progressives Congress campaign in Lagos on Tuesday ended abruptly as violence broke out mid-way into the well-attended programme.
In the same violence MC Oluomo, a popular NURTW chieftain was stabbed in the neck whe the thugs disrupted the APC’s gubernatorial campaign flag-off which was holding at Skypower Ground Ikeja, Lagos.
It was further gathered that the hoodlums suspected to be members of the National Union Road Transport Workers (NURTW) turned up at the venue with guns, daggers and other dangerous weapons, engaging one another in a bloody factional fight.
The situation sent panic across the campaign ground as party members ran in different directions to avoid being hit by bullets being fired.
Security operatives had a hectic time controlling the situation.
Governor Akinwunmi Ambode, who was making a speech, had to leave the stage abruptly and was escorted out of the venue with his deputy, Mrs Idiat Adebule, the APC governorship candidate, Mr Babajide Sanwoolu, and other prominent members of the party.
Several people were injured in the violence, including two journalists who sustained bullet wounds.
NAN correspondent who was at the venue could not ascertain if there was any loss of life as of the time of filing this report.
In the ensuing confusion, many people were dispossessed of their phones, money and other valuables by opportunistic pick-pockets and other criminals.
NAN reports that a large number of party faithful were seen trekking to their various homes as there was a heavy vehicular traffic in the area because of the violence.
In the ensuing confusion, many people were dispossessed of their phones, money and other valuables by opportunistic pick-pockets and other criminals. NAN reports that a large number of party faithful were seen trekking to their various homes as there was a heavy vehicular traffic in the area because of the violence.
Dele Momodu who shared a video from the scene wrote;
What manner of politics is this? This happened just now in Lagos…watch video below.
See more photos from the violent scene below