- BREAKING: US seizes jet of Nigerian ‘involved in multi-million dollar fraud’
- BREAKING: Reps summon Power, Labour Ministers over planned strike by electricity workers
- BREAKING: Fresh Crisis rocks Presidency as Aisha Buhari attacks Mamman Daura, Garba Shehu
- BREAKING: Court stops Ganduje from creating Kano State Council of Chiefs
- BREAKING: Buhari names Adamu as new AMCON chairman
- BREAKING: Buhari Writes Senate, seeks confirmation of Nami as FIRS Chairman
- BREAKING: Buhari appoints Nami to replace Fowler as FIRS boss
- DSS reacts to alleged re-arrest of Omoyele Sowore in court, says it was an orchestrated drama
- Hope for cardiac patients: medical breakthrough of 3D-printed heart gets backed by investor James Richman
- BREAKING: Intervene in Sowore’s case, SERAP writes US President, Trump
Policeman escorting election results killed in Ogun
Friends of policeman killed while escorting election results to collation centre in Ogun state, mourn him
A Police corporal identified as Sunday Idoko was shot dead by unknown gunmen while escorting election results from Ipokia to the Ilaro collation centre in Ogun State.
It was gathered that the incident happened around 8 :00 pm on Sunday in Eredo area of Yewa South Local Government Area of the state .
The gunmen were said to have laid an ambush at Eredo and began shooting continuously at the vehicle conveying the election results and other materials.
Meanwhile, friends, family members and colleagues have taken to Facebook to mourn the untimely death of the police corporal from Benue state.