- Video: Another building collapses in Lagos, many trapped!
- At least 100 people feared dead, 200 missing as cyclone hits Mozambique and Zimbabwe
- APC Lawmaker recently elected, Garba Muhammad Butalawa dies in Kano
- Popular Nigerian artist, Okwui Enwezor die of cancer
- Many trapped, injured as another building collapses at Shogoye Bus Stop in Ibadan
- APC Lawmaker, Ezekiel Afon slumps, dies after winning House Of Assembly election in Plateau State
- INEC office burnt down in Imo before announcement of election results
- APC candidate, Abdulrahman Abdulrasaq wins Kwara gubernatorial polls, declared governor-elect
- Boat carrying election results, INEC officials capsizes in Delta State; 12 missing
- Police accidentally shoot Election observer dead in Enugu
Vote Buying: EFCC arrests party agent with over N1.2m
The Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, Maiduguri Zonal office has arrested one Abba Ali Abbari, a party agent, delegated alleged to have been hired to distributes some money to people from Auno, Dalwa, Jakana in Konduga LGA Borno State.
Abbari was arrested at the NYSC Internally Displaced Persons camp with the sum of N1, 290,000.00, with a template given to him by a party Chairman Election Committee to pay the sum of N50, 000 (Fifty Thousand Naira) to party agents, according to him.
Similarly, Alhaji Garba Isah a party stakeholder was arrested by Operatives of the Maiduguri Zonal office at Ali Mongonu Teacher’s Village Internally Displaced Persons camp with the sum of N300, 000.00, while distributing to voters from Kukawa and Doran Baga in the camp.
According to him, “my duty is to take care of ballot boxes and to equally share money to voters. This particular money was given to me by a stakeholder.” Isah stated during an interview.
While making the arrest at Teacher’s Village IDP camp, the beneficiaries vandalized a vehicle belonging to a staff of the Commission. The DPO of Doran Baga who intervened, saved the situation.’
Man arrested for Vote buying at a polling unit in Kwara
EFCC operatives in Kwara state, arrested the man pictured above for vote buying. The man was found with bundles of naira note which the authorities believe was to be used to persuade voters to vote for his preferred candidate.