- BREAKING: Tribunal upholds Udom’s election Victory
- BREAKING: Buhari sacks Head of Service, Oyo-Ita
- BREAKING: Second batch of 315 Nigerians arrive from South Africa
- BREAKING: Running mate crisis: Dickson sacks special adviser
- BREAKING: Buhari dissolves panel established by Osinbajo, issues new order to AGF Malami
- BREAKING: South Africa grants landing permit to Air Peace — Mission
- BREAKING: Delay in landing rights approval shifts evacuation of Nigerians
- BREAKING: Tribunal upholds election of Gov. Makinde
- BREAKING: South African envoys designated to beg Nigerians arrive Abuja
- BREAKING: FG approves $5.3bn for Ibadan-Kano rail project
“Many Nigerian youths are morally lost” Omotola Jalade-Ekeinde
Omotola Jalade-Ekeinde, a popular Nigerian actress and activist, says a lot of Nigerian youths are morally and physiologically lost.
In a tweet expressing her disappointment at the reception activism has received in the country, she said an activist has to be encouraged by the people.
While quoting a picture of Enough is Enough protest in 2010, Omotola wrote,
“I’m afraid I might be losing my fire! I was so on fire here! I still feel the burner bringing the heat … just unsure I haven’t lost the hope in humanity to light it again as much#activistbybirth #frustratedbyunchange.
“The youths sometimes are the ones that discourage you, unfortunately. As an activist, besides passion, you have to feel encouraged. Like the people you’re doing it for are behind you.
“Many Nigerian youths are morally and physiologically lost. I’m sorry but this is the reality.”
The youths sometimes are the ones that discourage you unfortunately. As an activist, besides passion , you have to feel encouragement . Like the ppl you’re doing it for are behind you… Many Nigerian youth are morally and physiologically Lost. I’m sorry but this is the reality. https://t.co/y7mwTOYJ6S
— Omotola .j. Ekeinde (@Realomosexy) March 16, 2019