- BREAKING: FG approves $5.3bn for Ibadan-Kano rail project
- BREAKING: Tribunal uphold Ayade’s victory
- Breaking: Nigerians who fled South Africa over xenophobic attacks arrive in Lagos
- BREAKING: Presidential tribunal upholds Buhari’s election, dismisses PDP petitions in its entirety
- BREAKING: No evidence in INEC electronically transmitted results to server, Court rules
- BREAKING: Immigration hurdles delay arrival of 317 Nigerians from South Africa
- BREAKING: Tribunal dismisses INEC’s motion against Atiku’s lead counsel
- Breaking: FUOYE suspends Students’ Union, shuts campus
- BREAKING: Shi’ites bow to pressure, hold 30-minute procession
- BREAKING: Tribunal sacks APC Senator, Orji Kalu
Cristiano Ronaldo Fined By UEFA Over Champions League Goal Celebration (Photo)
Juventus forward Cristiano Ronaldo has been fined 20,000 euros (£17,700) by Uefa for a goal celebration in the win over Atletico Madrid in the last 16 of the Champions League.
The 34-year-old appeared to mimic Atletico boss Diego Simeone, who turned to fans and grabbed his crotch during his side’s 2-0 first-leg victory.
Ronaldo made the gesture when completing his hat-trick in the return leg as Juventus won 3-0. Simeone was fined £17,000 for the act. Juventus have been drawn to play Dutch side Ajax in the quarter-finals.