- BREAKING: Buhari receives Lyon in Aso Rock
- BREAKING: APC floors PDP in Bayelsa guber poll, obtains over 200,000 votes
- BREAKING: Kidnapped Enugu Catholic Priest regains freedom
- BREAKING: INEC official abducted in Lokoja
- BREAKING: Sanwo-Olu begins payment of N35, 000 Minimum wage to Lagos workers
- BREAKING: Buhari on his way back to Nigeria
- BREAKING: Yola Varsity Chaplain, Prof Felix Ilesani, kidnapped
- BREAKING: Former Minister of Information, Alex Akinyele is dead
- BREAKING: Kidnapped Appeal Court judge, Justice Chioma Nwosu-Iheme regains her freedom
- BREAKING: Nigerian Air Force helicopter crash lands in Enugu
Wike receives AAC Deputy governorship candidate as the politician joins PDP in Rivers
Governor Nyesom Wike of Rivers State has reacted to the defection of Akpo Bomba Yeeh, the African Action Alliance, ACC, Deputy Governorship candidate to the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP.
Akpo Bomba Yeeh announced his resignation from the AAC and defection to the Peoples Democratic Party.
In a letter addressed to the Governorship candidate of AAC in Rivers state, Biopkomabo Awara, Yeeh said his resignation from the party was informed by the alleged hijack of the party’s structure by the All Progressives Congress in the State.
Reacting, Wike while receiving Yeeh at the Government House Port Harcourt on Monday said history will be kind to him for placing Rivers interest above personal consideration.
A tweet on the governors official Twitter handle reads, ”Governor Wike received the Former AAC Deputy Governorship Candidate alongside PDP National Chairman, Prince Uche Secondus, Rivers State PDP Chairman, Bro Felix Obuah, Former Rivers State Governor, Sir Celestine Omehia, Senator-elect Barry Mpigi and other leaders.
”History will be on your side. You have shown that the interest of the state is above personal consideration. God will not only protect you, But He will also reward you for this decision.
”All of us must work together in order to forge ahead. No one man’s interest is bigger than that of the State.
”You are welcome to the party that will move the state forward. Those on the other side must understand that you cannot kill people, just to be in power. With this bold decision, our brothers on the other side know that the end has come.”