- Breaking: Tribunal rejects Atiku’s request to access INEC server
- JUST IN: Lawan’s SA on Media resigns
- Breaking: Two injured as building collapses in Lagos
- Breaking: Senate President, Ahmad Lawan withdraws appointment of media aide, Festus Adedayo
- Breaking: Tension in Bauchi Assembly as two Speakers emerge
- Breaking: Buhari appoints new GMD for NNPC
- Breaking: Abducted ex-minister’s son, Dayo Adewole, regains freedom
- Breaking: Buhari returns Ahmed Idris as AGF
- Breaking: Luis Enrique resigns as Spain’s coach
- Breaking: Fire guts Benue’s largest market
Wike receives AAC Deputy governorship candidate as the politician joins PDP in Rivers
Governor Nyesom Wike of Rivers State has reacted to the defection of Akpo Bomba Yeeh, the African Action Alliance, ACC, Deputy Governorship candidate to the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP.
Akpo Bomba Yeeh announced his resignation from the AAC and defection to the Peoples Democratic Party.
In a letter addressed to the Governorship candidate of AAC in Rivers state, Biopkomabo Awara, Yeeh said his resignation from the party was informed by the alleged hijack of the party’s structure by the All Progressives Congress in the State.
Reacting, Wike while receiving Yeeh at the Government House Port Harcourt on Monday said history will be kind to him for placing Rivers interest above personal consideration.
A tweet on the governors official Twitter handle reads, ”Governor Wike received the Former AAC Deputy Governorship Candidate alongside PDP National Chairman, Prince Uche Secondus, Rivers State PDP Chairman, Bro Felix Obuah, Former Rivers State Governor, Sir Celestine Omehia, Senator-elect Barry Mpigi and other leaders.
”History will be on your side. You have shown that the interest of the state is above personal consideration. God will not only protect you, But He will also reward you for this decision.
”All of us must work together in order to forge ahead. No one man’s interest is bigger than that of the State.
”You are welcome to the party that will move the state forward. Those on the other side must understand that you cannot kill people, just to be in power. With this bold decision, our brothers on the other side know that the end has come.”