- JUST IN: Atiku, PDP close case after calling 62 witnesses
- BREAKING: Court rejects Atiku’s returning officer’s request to amend statement
- BREAKING: I got presidential results from website, says Atiku’s witness
- Breaking: Mikel Obi announces retirement from Super Eagles, gives reasons
- BREAKING: Army investigates viral video of soldier assaulting motorist in Lagos
- Breaking: 60 persons escape death as hotel collapses in Ebonyi
- Breaking: Super Eagles defeat Tunisia to clinch Bronze
- BREAKING: Witness faults results of presidential election claimed by Atiku, PDP
- Breaking: Senate confirms Justice Tanko Muhammad as CJN
- Breaking: Tribunal issues subpoena on INEC Chair over Atiku, PDP’s complaints
UEFA Europa League – a prime betting opportunity!
The UEFA Europa League is a rare competition where clubs from different countries get to test their mettle against the best.
Previously known as the UEFA Cup, the name change came about in the 2009-2010 season following innovative format changes. These changes saw an expanded group stage and changes in qualifying criteria. As a consequence, it’s produced some of the most memorable football matches in sporting history.
Performances in respective national league and cup competitions determine which sides get to play in the prestigious UEFA Europa League. With a chance for “lesser teams” to rise to the occasion, the tournament has seen some incredible upsets over the years and this volatility of results has given savvy sports bettors much to celebrate. In fact, there have been 28 different winners of the competition – a sure sign of the competitive nature of the event.
The contingent of African players competing in the UEFA Europa League has steadily increased over time and these stars play an integral part in the chances of many teams competing:
– Rising stars such as Cameroon’s 19-year-old Evans Ndicka make the continent proud. Ndicka forms part of the rock-solid defence of Eintracht Frankfurt. The team is further blessed to have his countryman Nelson Mandela Mbouhoum on offense, making them a team to watch.
– Cameroon has another interest in the contest, with midfielder Michael Ngadeu-Ngadjui enhancing Czech team Slavia Praha’s chances.
– Senegalese Kalidou Koulibaly is vital in Napoli’s defence.
– Arsenal is also well stocked with talent from Africa. With Gabon’s Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang and Nigeria’s Alex Iwobi, who are sure to dazzle.
– Left winger Samuel Chukwueze flies the Nigerian flag high as he boosts Villareal’s chances.
These phenomenal footballers give fans from across Africa reason to cheer and undoubtedly boost bettors chances when backing these teams.
Who’s left in the tournament?
Eight sides remain:
– Slavia Prague appears to be operating on borrowed time and it’s tough to see the Czech side overcoming any more obstacles.
– Villarreal will have to produce their best football in order to disprove pundits. While laden with talent, they may not have the staying power to prevail.
– As three-time runners-up, Benfica represent some value as underdogs in the overall betting. Continuing to surprise, these past finalists may well be able to progress further.
– Eintracht Frankfurt seems to have a tough road ahead but is capable of upsetting even the best of teams.
– Valencia’s surprisingly successful run in the tournament may be reaching it’s conclusion, however they are not a team to be dismissed lightly. It would be no surprise to see the Spanish side take part in the Semi-finals.
– Arsenal, aided by a slew of talent from Africa, appears to be holding all the aces and could be the team to beat. With a stunning reversal of goal aggregate against Rennes, the British side has firmly laid down the gauntlet.
– Standing in the way of The Gunners is Napoli, also a tournament favourite. The Italian side is sure to be hard pressed by Arsenal in their upcoming encounters but is entirely proficient enough to come out on top.
– Chelsea is firm atop the betting boards, and with good reason. A fairly clear passage ahead could see these past UEFA Europa League champions lift the trophy once again.
One thing to remember though is that each of these squads represents the pinnacle in footballing talent. All of these teams have the ability to succeed and some shock results could be in store…
Interesting betting options at great odds
The UEFA Europa League is not only an exciting sporting spectacle for football fans but also a great opportunity to profit. It’s not merely about who will win individual matches or lift the trophy – there are scores of other great betting options.
The best place to cash in is at 1xBet, where bettors can wager on who’ll get to the semi-final or final and even the country of the eventual winner.
The best part about 1xBet is that the best odds are on offer for all the action – so don’t miss out on your chance to win big!