- BREAKING: Tribunal upholds Ikpeazu’s election, dismisses Alex Otti’s petition
- BREAKING: Tribunal dismisses petition against Taraba Gov, Ishaku’s election
- BREAKING: Reps orders CBN to suspend cashless policy
- BREAKING: Tribunal upholds Udom’s election Victory
- BREAKING: Buhari sacks Head of Service, Oyo-Ita
- BREAKING: Second batch of 315 Nigerians arrive from South Africa
- BREAKING: Running mate crisis: Dickson sacks special adviser
- BREAKING: Buhari dissolves panel established by Osinbajo, issues new order to AGF Malami
- BREAKING: South Africa grants landing permit to Air Peace — Mission
- BREAKING: Delay in landing rights approval shifts evacuation of Nigerians
Jealous husband bathes wife with acid in Anambra after demanding for divorce
A mother of two identified as Mrs. Añurika Chinwuba, was this afternoon bathed with harmful substance believed to be acid by her husband, Mr. Onyeachonam Chinwuba, who allegedly opposed his wife’s demand for divorce.
According to the Anambra State Commissioner for Children and Women Affairs, Lady Ndidi Mezue, the victim who had sought divorce, accusing her husband of living a questionable life, was with her husband in the Ministry of Children and Women Affairs, Awka, yesterday and earlier today where their differences were thought to have been resolved.
It was after they left the Ministry that the husband reached for a bottle containing the harmful substance, which he hid in his clothes, and poured on the victim, causing serious burns on her face down to her body.
The victim was then rushed to the Chukwuemeka Odumegwu Ojukwu University Teaching Hospital, where the Commissioner, Lady Mezue, has already gone to visit and promised to support her.
The husband, who is already in the custody of the police, is a native of Mmiata-Anam, in Anambra West Local Council Area.
See another photo of the victim in hospital below.