- BREAKING: AGF takes over Sowore’s case from DSS
- BREAKING: US seizes jet of Nigerian ‘involved in multi-million dollar fraud’
- BREAKING: Reps summon Power, Labour Ministers over planned strike by electricity workers
- BREAKING: Fresh Crisis rocks Presidency as Aisha Buhari attacks Mamman Daura, Garba Shehu
- BREAKING: Court stops Ganduje from creating Kano State Council of Chiefs
- BREAKING: Buhari names Adamu as new AMCON chairman
- BREAKING: Buhari Writes Senate, seeks confirmation of Nami as FIRS Chairman
- BREAKING: Buhari appoints Nami to replace Fowler as FIRS boss
- DSS reacts to alleged re-arrest of Omoyele Sowore in court, says it was an orchestrated drama
- Hope for cardiac patients: medical breakthrough of 3D-printed heart gets backed by investor James Richman
The rapper identified as Dremo, shared a video post with members of the online community, in which a part of the bridge was filmed on camera.
Sharing the post, he noted that the bridge which is one of the most plied route in Lagos, is getting weak and something has to be done about it before it results into a disaster.
“The 3rd mainland bridge is getting weak , this is something we need to fix!” he said.
See his post below:
Reacting to his post, some social media users who seemed to be knowledgeable about bridges noted that there was nothing wrong with it and it was perfectly fine.
A particular user noted that what was recorded in the video is called an expansion joint which is usually put in place in other to help the bridge expand and contract for different reasons which includes weight of vehicles.
See his tweet below:
"Bridges made of concrete are going to expand and contract slightly for a number of reasons, including temperature changes, shrinkage of the concrete, settlement, ice and even the weight of vehicles"
— Maple Tammy Dappa (@mapledappa) April 17, 2019
See some other reactions to the video below:
Who unzip our bridge? pic.twitter.com/9w2ERwBE5m
— CEO Westernview_collections (@Tom_Sleek) April 16, 2019
This is actually normal Der is nothing wrong with the bridge. The metal&space is to accommodate the expansion and contraction due to temperature changes and movement on the bridge
— That guy!!! (@teebaddest) April 16, 2019
As a science student, I think those are expansion joints deliberately spaced to allow for the expansion of those joints during high temperature – linear expansivity, I guess. No cause for alarm.
— Adebayo Bankole Akintunde (@AdeBanqie) April 16, 2019
This was how it was created; For expansion and contraction purposes during climate change.
That’s why the iron bars in between are interlocking, in case there are movements on the bridge.
It only becomes a problem if they don’t maintain it regularly.
— SweetestBoy™ (@atl_dunni) April 16, 2019
Another user who also explained the expansion of the bridge charged the music star to stop using his platform to create panic.
Stop spreading panic, bridges are meant to expand or they'll buckle under pressure of all those cars. You have a huge following, don't use it to spread panic
— Lois Truly #PROJECT6264 (@loistruly) April 16, 2019