- BREAKING: Supreme Court rejects Atiku, PDP’s request to access ‘INEC server’
- BREAKING: Kogi Deputy Gov. Drags Assembly to court over impeachment notice
- BREAKING: Supreme Court strikes out Atiku, PDP’s appeal
- BREAKING: Court restrains AGF, ICPC from seizing ex-Gov, Yari’s properties
- JUST IN: Former Deputy Senate President, Senator Ike Ekweremadu Stoned By Angry Igbo Men in Nuremberg Germany (Video)
- BREAKING: Police arrest suspected murders of Enugu Catholic Priest
- BREAKING: El-Zakzaky, wife back by noon, says IMN
- BREAKING: Atiku’s son-in-law gets N20m bail
- BREAKING: Buhari suspends Obono-Obla, gives reason
- BREAKING: Another pastor kidnapped in Kaduna, abductors give family 5 days ultimatum
Nigeria is 1st African team to win World Curling Championship match
Nigeria has become the 1st African team to win a World Curling Championship match after Tijani and Susana Cole defeated the French team at the World Mixed Doubles Curling Championship 2019 in Stavanger, Norway.
The couple celebrated wildly as France’s rock careened wide to end the mixed doubles game on Thursday afternoon.Nigeria defeated France 8-5 at the 2019 mixed doubles world curling championship to become the first ever African country to win a match at the tournament.
“Nigeria we did it for you. I’m over over-the-top happy, elated, excited. Our motto, as you can see on our brooms, is ‘we won’t be outworked.
“It’s something we look at every day and we say as long as we don’t get outworked, we are proud of what we do.” Tijani said to CBC Sports
The Broomzilla lost 2-13 to China on day one, followed by a frustrating 20-0 defeat to the Czech Republic on day two.
The Coles first took up curling three years ago and they have been training rigorously over the past year to improve their skills for this big occasion. The couple who live in Denver, prepared hard for the championship at the Denver Curling Club in Colorado, USA.