- BREAKING: Tribunal nullifies Dino Melaye’s election
- Breaking: Confusion as 2 groups stage protests for, against Oyo youngest commissioner
- BREAKING: Ex-Super Falcons player, Ifeanyi Chiejine is dead
- BREAKING: Fatoyinbo snubbed PFN’s investigating panel on rape allegation
- BREAKING: Court dismisses HDP’s petition against Buhari, APC, INEC
- Breaking: Scores dead, secretariat, houses razed as Boko Haram overrun Borno areas
- BREAKING: Buhari remains Minister of Petroleum
- BREAKING: Court adjourns for judgment on Atiku’s petition
- BREAKING: Buhari begins swearing-in of ministers
- BREAKING: Supreme Court rejects Atiku, PDP’s request to access ‘INEC server’
Tiwa Savage Has Lifetime Royalties With Mavin Records – Don Jazzy
Don Jazzy speaks on Tiwa Savage as the singer leaves Mavin Records after signing a new deal with Universal Music Group
Ace music producer, Don Jazzy has revealed former Mavin Records signee, Tiwa Savage, has materials she’ll earn lifetime royalties from with his record label.
Don Jazzy also confirmed that the music company and Tiwa Savage are still in business despite her exit following the expiration of her contract.
The music executive made these known in the recent episode of ‘Loose Talk’ podcast titled, ‘The Blueprint’, where he featured as guest.
“It’s obvious to everybody, it was an epic journey and I don’t necessarily even feel like now because you’ve signed to universal, to everybody it just looks like she’s gone to the land beyond.
“I don’t understand, we’re still business partners, there’s still catalogues that we share that she’s still going to be receiving royalties from for the rest of her life or whatever.
“I and D’banj worked together for eight years and Tiwa would have been eight years too as well but it was beautiful and she understood from the get-go till now”.
Tiwa Savage left Mavin Records after signing a new deal with American music company, Universal Music Group.