- Breaking: Buhari signs Polytechnic, National Institute for Security bills into law
- JUST IN: Rufus Giwa Poly shut down indefinitely
- Just in: Buhari, APC govs meet in Aso Rock
- Breaking: Former Egyptian president Mohammed Morsi dies in court
- Breaking: AA suspends Okorocha‘s in-law
- JUST IN: INEC announces automatic employment for Outstanding corps members
- Osun Guber: What court decided on Senator Ademola Adeleke’s Appeal On Monday
- Breaking: Ondo youths shut down Gov. Akeredolu’s office
- Breaking: INEC receives applications for three new parties
- Breaking: Appeal Court strikes out suit challenging Ihedioha’s emergence as PDP guber candidate
Bauchi Guber: 3 parties set to reverse Bala Mohammed’s victory in court
The Governorship Election Petition Tribunal in Bauchi State has fixed Monday, for its inaugural and commencement of pre-hearing conference into petitions filed before it.
This was made known in a statement by Alhaji Bello Abdullahi, Secretary to the tribunal. He said that three petitions would be heard by the tribunal.
The petitions, according to Abdullahi, include those separately filed by three political parties challenging the election of Sen. Bala Mohammed of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), as governor-elect.
The parties are the Action Peoples Party (APP), Peoples Democratic Movement (PDM) and All Progressives Congress (APC).
The three parties are seeking the nullification of Mohammed’s declaration as winner of the 2019 Bauchi Guber election, due to alleged noncompliance with the Electoral Act 2010 as amended.