- BREAKING: Tribunal upholds Ikpeazu’s election, dismisses Alex Otti’s petition
- BREAKING: Tribunal dismisses petition against Taraba Gov, Ishaku’s election
- BREAKING: Reps orders CBN to suspend cashless policy
- BREAKING: Tribunal upholds Udom’s election Victory
- BREAKING: Buhari sacks Head of Service, Oyo-Ita
- BREAKING: Second batch of 315 Nigerians arrive from South Africa
- BREAKING: Running mate crisis: Dickson sacks special adviser
- BREAKING: Buhari dissolves panel established by Osinbajo, issues new order to AGF Malami
- BREAKING: South Africa grants landing permit to Air Peace — Mission
- BREAKING: Delay in landing rights approval shifts evacuation of Nigerians
Bauchi Guber: 3 parties set to reverse Bala Mohammed’s victory in court
The Governorship Election Petition Tribunal in Bauchi State has fixed Monday, for its inaugural and commencement of pre-hearing conference into petitions filed before it.
This was made known in a statement by Alhaji Bello Abdullahi, Secretary to the tribunal. He said that three petitions would be heard by the tribunal.
The petitions, according to Abdullahi, include those separately filed by three political parties challenging the election of Sen. Bala Mohammed of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), as governor-elect.
The parties are the Action Peoples Party (APP), Peoples Democratic Movement (PDM) and All Progressives Congress (APC).
The three parties are seeking the nullification of Mohammed’s declaration as winner of the 2019 Bauchi Guber election, due to alleged noncompliance with the Electoral Act 2010 as amended.