- BREAKING: INEC official abducted in Lokoja
- BREAKING: Sanwo-Olu begins payment of N35, 000 Minimum wage to Lagos workers
- BREAKING: Buhari on his way back to Nigeria
- BREAKING: Yola Varsity Chaplain, Prof Felix Ilesani, kidnapped
- BREAKING: Former Minister of Information, Alex Akinyele is dead
- BREAKING: Kidnapped Appeal Court judge, Justice Chioma Nwosu-Iheme regains her freedom
- BREAKING: Nigerian Air Force helicopter crash lands in Enugu
- BREAKING: Court dismisses Busola Dakolo’s case against Fatoyinbo
- BREAKING: APC has no guber candidate for Bayelsa election, Court declares
- BREAKING: Scores feared dead, many injured as PDP, APC supporters clash in Bayelsa
Efemena Titilayomi, the beautiful daughter of Richard Mofe-Damijo, the veteran actor, journalist, lawyer and former Commissioner for Culture and Tourism in Delta State, and his wife, Jumobi (née Adegbesan), recently graduated from a high school in Baltimore, Maryland in the United States.
Her parents, as well as her brother, Tega, her grandmother, Chief (Mrs) Shakirat Balogun and her aunt, Mrs. Adebukola Omisore and other family members shared in her day of joy.
In his eulogy to her, RMD wrote:
Dear daughter, I am super proud of the young woman you’re evolving into. I’m excited to see you graduate high school and as you go on to college, here’s my prayer:
•May you choose what is right over what is popular.
•May you not be too ignorant to know that you don’t need to prove anything to the world.
•May you not be too arrogant to tell yourself the truth no matter how bitter.
•May you not be too uneducated to decipher when you read.
•May you never be afraid to speak the truth, even as a lone voice, speak the truth.
•May you not be too quick to speak, respond or make a point that you end up making no sense.
•May your popularity not be in what you own or how you look, but may they be in tangible, measurable achievements of your decent hard work.
•May you not just be proud of what you’ve achieved but may you be proud of how you achieved it.
•May your vocabulary be as expansive as your ambition.
•May you NEVER forget whose child you are and I don’t mean Mom and I, I mean God, who is your father, we are just your earthly parents.
•May God’s wisdom guide your every waking decision in Jesus name, Amen ?? #LoveGod#LoveYourself#BeKind#WinIt#KnowThyself#rmdsaysso