- BREAKING: Court orders forfeiture of Saraki’s houses in Ikoyi
- BREAKING: Court Partially Varies Sowore, Bakare’s Bail Conditions, adjourns Case
- Three days after impeachment saga, Edward Onoja sworn-in as Kogi Deputy Governor
- BREAKING: Two critically injured as container falls in Onitsha
- BREAKING: Kogi Assembly confirms Onoja as Yahaya Bello’s deputy
- JUST IN: Seven killed in Gov Obaseki’s convoy accident
- BREAKING: Kogi Deputy Gov Achuba impeached
- BREAKING: Gunshots in Abuja as police disperse protesting Shi’ites
- BREAKING: Again, fuel tanker explodes in Onitsha
- BREAKING: We’ll only register candidate with NIN for 2020 UTME – JAMB
Masai Ujiri under investigation for allegedly assaulting a Deputy after Championship Win (Video)
Nigerian-born President of Toronto Raptors president, Masai Ujiri is under investigation for allegedly pushing a sheriff’s deputy who stopped him from going to celebrate his team’s NBA Finals win against the Golden State Warriors on Thursday.
The incident occurred when Ujiri attempted to enter the court for the post-game celebration without proper credentials, Sgt. Ray Kelly of the Alameda County Sheriff’s Office told CBS San Francisco.
Police described the incident as “a push that went upward and struck him [the deputy] in the face.” Ujiri eventually made his way onto the court for the celebration with the help of Raptors guard Kyle Lowry. Kelly said deputies decided it wasn’t in their best interest to arrest Ujiri on national television as he celebrated his team’s championship.
Ujiri is being investigated for suspicion of misdemeanor battery on an officer. No arrest has been made, but the sheriff’s department will submit a complaint to the Raptors and local prosecutors, Kelly said.
Watch the aftermath of the altercation below.
Masai Ujiri has been accused of pushing and hitting a deputy officer last night, facing charges. pic.twitter.com/D5fAtZDPOS
— Hoop Central (@TheHoopCentral) June 14, 2019