- BREAKING: US seizes jet of Nigerian ‘involved in multi-million dollar fraud’
- BREAKING: Reps summon Power, Labour Ministers over planned strike by electricity workers
- BREAKING: Fresh Crisis rocks Presidency as Aisha Buhari attacks Mamman Daura, Garba Shehu
- BREAKING: Court stops Ganduje from creating Kano State Council of Chiefs
- BREAKING: Buhari names Adamu as new AMCON chairman
- BREAKING: Buhari Writes Senate, seeks confirmation of Nami as FIRS Chairman
- BREAKING: Buhari appoints Nami to replace Fowler as FIRS boss
- DSS reacts to alleged re-arrest of Omoyele Sowore in court, says it was an orchestrated drama
- Hope for cardiac patients: medical breakthrough of 3D-printed heart gets backed by investor James Richman
- BREAKING: Intervene in Sowore’s case, SERAP writes US President, Trump
Nigerians Ranked Fifth Among African Students In Germany
As of the 2017/18 winter semester, German universities counted a number of 1,970 students from Nigeria, placing Nigerian students among the five largest groups of African students currently attending university in Germany, the Studying-in-Germany.org says.
Low or no-tuition universities, affordable costs of living, highly ranked universities and an overall attractiveness makes Germany of the most popular study abroad destinations. Nigerian students seem also attracted to studying in Germany.
Latest statistics collected from the 2017/18 winter semester show that 1,970 students from Nigeria were enrolled in German universities. As such, Nigeria stood among the five most popular countries of origin for African students in Germany.
Moreover, statistics reveal that compared to a year ago their number increased significantly by 18 percentage points from 1,667 students that were during 2016/17 Winter Semester.