- BREAKING: Reps orders CBN to suspend cashless policy
- BREAKING: Tribunal upholds Udom’s election Victory
- BREAKING: Buhari sacks Head of Service, Oyo-Ita
- BREAKING: Second batch of 315 Nigerians arrive from South Africa
- BREAKING: Running mate crisis: Dickson sacks special adviser
- BREAKING: Buhari dissolves panel established by Osinbajo, issues new order to AGF Malami
- BREAKING: South Africa grants landing permit to Air Peace — Mission
- BREAKING: Delay in landing rights approval shifts evacuation of Nigerians
- BREAKING: Tribunal upholds election of Gov. Makinde
- BREAKING: South African envoys designated to beg Nigerians arrive Abuja
President Buhari suspends Ruga settlement projects
Following public outcry and the seeming misconception about the Ruga Settlement Projects, President Muhammadu Buhari is said to have suspended the idea pending further notice.
Ruga was an idea designed to stem the tide of herdsmen/farmers clashes across the country. In a report by This day, the president, after consultations with stakeholders gathered, has resolved to put away the idea for a thorough review and well-accepted approach to the menace constituted to national security by the constant clashes between herdsmen and farmers.
A presidency source that hinted at this development, said the announcement would be made any moment from now with detailed explanations, going forward.