- BREAKING: DSS disperses protesters seeking Sowore’s release
- BREAKING: Court threatens to strike out charge against Diezani
- BREAKING: Bayelsa APC deputy guber candidate disqualified
- Confusion as Appeal Court rules on Oyo guber poll
- BREAKING: Tam David-West dies at 83
- BREAKING: Petrol tanker burst into flame at Ipaja Road in Lagos State
- Akpabio triumphs as Appeal Court orders rerun in one local govt
- BREAKING: Appeal Court sacks Adeyeye, declares Olujimi winner
- BREAKING: Sowore meets bail conditions, to be released from DSS today
- Lagos Fire: Burning building collapses, kills policeman
Nigeria vs Tunisia: Joseph Yobo reveals why Super Eagles won Carthage Eagles 1-0
Former Super Eagles captain, Joseph Yobo, has revealed why Gernot Rohr’s side defeated Tunisia 1-0 at the 2019 Africa Cup of Nations, AFCON, third-place playoff on Wednesday night.
Yobo said Rohr’s men won against Alain Griesse’s side because they capitalised on the Carthage Eagles’ last match against Senegal in the semi-final.
Odion Ighalo’s early goal, ensured the Super Eagles clinched bronze medal.
“Tunisia played extra time against Senegal in their last match in the semi-final so Nigeria capitalised on that,” Yobo told SuperSport.
“The future is bright for the Nigeria team. They kept that history going forward.
“Am happy for these young players it shows that when next time they come to the AFCON they will try to win the title.
“The Nigeria players that came on played very well. Am happy for Ahmed Musa, Ighalo and also the precision from Chukweze.”