- BREAKING: Tribunal nullifies Dino Melaye’s election
- Breaking: Confusion as 2 groups stage protests for, against Oyo youngest commissioner
- BREAKING: Ex-Super Falcons player, Ifeanyi Chiejine is dead
- BREAKING: Fatoyinbo snubbed PFN’s investigating panel on rape allegation
- BREAKING: Court dismisses HDP’s petition against Buhari, APC, INEC
- Breaking: Scores dead, secretariat, houses razed as Boko Haram overrun Borno areas
- BREAKING: Buhari remains Minister of Petroleum
- BREAKING: Court adjourns for judgment on Atiku’s petition
- BREAKING: Buhari begins swearing-in of ministers
- BREAKING: Supreme Court rejects Atiku, PDP’s request to access ‘INEC server’
Nigeria vs Tunisia: Joseph Yobo reveals why Super Eagles won Carthage Eagles 1-0
Former Super Eagles captain, Joseph Yobo, has revealed why Gernot Rohr’s side defeated Tunisia 1-0 at the 2019 Africa Cup of Nations, AFCON, third-place playoff on Wednesday night.
Yobo said Rohr’s men won against Alain Griesse’s side because they capitalised on the Carthage Eagles’ last match against Senegal in the semi-final.
Odion Ighalo’s early goal, ensured the Super Eagles clinched bronze medal.
“Tunisia played extra time against Senegal in their last match in the semi-final so Nigeria capitalised on that,” Yobo told SuperSport.
“The future is bright for the Nigeria team. They kept that history going forward.
“Am happy for these young players it shows that when next time they come to the AFCON they will try to win the title.
“The Nigeria players that came on played very well. Am happy for Ahmed Musa, Ighalo and also the precision from Chukweze.”