- BREAKING: Court restrains AGF, ICPC from seizing ex-Gov, Yari’s properties
- JUST IN: Former Deputy Senate President, Senator Ike Ekweremadu Stoned By Angry Igbo Men in Nuremberg Germany (Video)
- BREAKING: Police arrest suspected murders of Enugu Catholic Priest
- BREAKING: El-Zakzaky, wife back by noon, says IMN
- BREAKING: Atiku’s son-in-law gets N20m bail
- BREAKING: Buhari suspends Obono-Obla, gives reason
- BREAKING: Another pastor kidnapped in Kaduna, abductors give family 5 days ultimatum
- BREAKING: Alleged money laundering: EFCC arraigns Atiku’s son-in-law, lawyer
- BREAKING: El-Zakzaky, wife not safe in Indian hospital, says IMN
- Breaking: Soldier finally arraigned for allegedly raping Ondo undergraduate
Senate confirms nominee rejected in 2016, four others
The Senate on Thursday confirmed Aliyu Abubakar as a non-executive commissioner of the Nigeria Communications Commission (NCC).
Abu Bakar had been rejected by the Senate during Bukola Saraki’s leadership tenure.
Abubakar (north-east), was confirmed alongside Millionaire Aboiye (south-south) and Abdulaziz Salman (north-central) as non-executive commissioners.
Also confirmed is Abu Galadima as NIPSS director-general.
President Muhammadu Buhari had asked that the nominees be confirmed by the Senate last week. So on Thursday, they were confirmed after Teslim Folarin, senator representing Oyo Central, presented two reports for consideration.
“The committee hereby recommends that they are confirmed as non-executive commissioners of NCC,” he said.
“That the senate does approve the recommendation to confirm the nominees.”