- BREAKING: Court stops Ganduje from creating Kano State Council of Chiefs
- BREAKING: Buhari names Adamu as new AMCON chairman
- BREAKING: Buhari Writes Senate, seeks confirmation of Nami as FIRS Chairman
- BREAKING: Buhari appoints Nami to replace Fowler as FIRS boss
- DSS reacts to alleged re-arrest of Omoyele Sowore in court, says it was an orchestrated drama
- Hope for cardiac patients: medical breakthrough of 3D-printed heart gets backed by investor James Richman
- BREAKING: Intervene in Sowore’s case, SERAP writes US President, Trump
- JUST IN: IPOB ‘attacks’ Rotimi Amaechi in Spain
- BREAKING: IPOB leader, Nnamdi Kanu loses father
- BREAKING: DSS attempts to rearrest Sowore in court (VIDEO)
Senate confirms nominee rejected in 2016, four others
The Senate on Thursday confirmed Aliyu Abubakar as a non-executive commissioner of the Nigeria Communications Commission (NCC).
Abu Bakar had been rejected by the Senate during Bukola Saraki’s leadership tenure.
Abubakar (north-east), was confirmed alongside Millionaire Aboiye (south-south) and Abdulaziz Salman (north-central) as non-executive commissioners.
Also confirmed is Abu Galadima as NIPSS director-general.
President Muhammadu Buhari had asked that the nominees be confirmed by the Senate last week. So on Thursday, they were confirmed after Teslim Folarin, senator representing Oyo Central, presented two reports for consideration.
“The committee hereby recommends that they are confirmed as non-executive commissioners of NCC,” he said.
“That the senate does approve the recommendation to confirm the nominees.”