- BREAKING: AGF takes over Sowore’s case from DSS
- BREAKING: US seizes jet of Nigerian ‘involved in multi-million dollar fraud’
- BREAKING: Reps summon Power, Labour Ministers over planned strike by electricity workers
- BREAKING: Fresh Crisis rocks Presidency as Aisha Buhari attacks Mamman Daura, Garba Shehu
- BREAKING: Court stops Ganduje from creating Kano State Council of Chiefs
- BREAKING: Buhari names Adamu as new AMCON chairman
- BREAKING: Buhari Writes Senate, seeks confirmation of Nami as FIRS Chairman
- BREAKING: Buhari appoints Nami to replace Fowler as FIRS boss
- DSS reacts to alleged re-arrest of Omoyele Sowore in court, says it was an orchestrated drama
- Hope for cardiac patients: medical breakthrough of 3D-printed heart gets backed by investor James Richman
Update: Woman who poured boiling water on husband’s private part in Kano over his plans to take a second wife arrested at her hideout in Jigawa state
Aisha Ali, wife and mother who poured boiling water on her husband’s private part in protest against his plans to marry a second wife has been arrested by Kano State Police Command.
The incident occurred on Thursday, July 11, at Fayen-Fayen village, Danbatta local government area of the state. Aisha fled after commiting the offence while Aliyu Ibrahim was rushed to Dambatta General Hospital where he is currently receiving treatment.
Spokesman of the command, DSP Abdullahi Haruna, confirmed on Monday, that the runaway wife was arrested at her hideout at Babura local government area of Jigawa State and is cooling her feet at police headquarters.
Mr Haruna said that on receipt of the case, the state’s Commissioner of Police, Ahmed Iliyasu swiftly raised a team of Operation Puff Adder who tracked down and arrested the suspect from her hideout.
He said the CP had ordered that the case be transferred to State Criminal Intelligence and Investigation Department for discreet investigation and the suspect would soon be charged to court for prosecution.
“The command is using this medium to call on the good and law-abiding citizens of the state to always promptly report any incident to the nearest police station without delay. This will assist in immediate arrest, investigation and diligent prosecution of the culprit, please,” he appealed.
Speaking to newsmen after being paraded at the police command, the suspect said she did not intend to pour the boiling water on her husband, but admitted to have committed the offence.
She asked for forgiveness and expressed support to the husband over his plan to take a second wife.