- Breaking: Confusion as 2 groups stage protests for, against Oyo youngest commissioner
- BREAKING: Ex-Super Falcons player, Ifeanyi Chiejine is dead
- BREAKING: Fatoyinbo snubbed PFN’s investigating panel on rape allegation
- BREAKING: Court dismisses HDP’s petition against Buhari, APC, INEC
- Breaking: Scores dead, secretariat, houses razed as Boko Haram overrun Borno areas
- BREAKING: Buhari remains Minister of Petroleum
- BREAKING: Court adjourns for judgment on Atiku’s petition
- BREAKING: Buhari begins swearing-in of ministers
- BREAKING: Supreme Court rejects Atiku, PDP’s request to access ‘INEC server’
- BREAKING: Kogi Deputy Gov. Drags Assembly to court over impeachment notice
Election results were collated in the coven, witness tells Tribunal
A prosecution witness for the All Progressives Congress (APC) Mr. Okpafo Victor, has told the National and State House of Assembly Election Petitions Tribunal sitting in Benin City that election results for Ikpoba-Okha/Egor Federal Constituency were collated in the coven.
Victor was testifying in the petition filed by Hon Johnson Agbonyinma against the election of Jude Ise-Idehen of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP).
In his testimony, Victor said he was APC ward agent but he refused to sign the result sheet tenderd as exhibit P89 because it was not computed in his presence.
Victor said results different from what was obtained at Amego Primary School was presented to him to sign at Eghosa Primary School which was the ward collation centre.
Another witness, Mr Cookey Igbinosa, who said he was agent for Ward 9, told the court that results for units 16, 17 & 18 were not given to him as they were reportedly burnt by thugs.
At the session, the petitioners tendered Certified True Copies of voters register for Egor and Ikpoba-Okha LGA and they were accepted as evidence.
Further hearing was adjourned to August 2nd, 2019 for definite conclusion of the Petititioners’s case.