- JUST IN: Seven killed in Gov Obaseki’s convoy accident
- BREAKING: Kogi Deputy Gov Achuba impeached
- BREAKING: Gunshots in Abuja as police disperse protesting Shi’ites
- BREAKING: Again, fuel tanker explodes in Onitsha
- BREAKING: We’ll only register candidate with NIN for 2020 UTME – JAMB
- BREAKING: Fuel tanker explodes in Onitsha [VIDEO]
- BREAKING: Police raid another torture centre in Katsina
- BREAKING: Labour, Reps meeting failed to hold, as NLC seeks new date
- BREAKING: EFCC re-arraigns Atiku’s lawyer over $2m money laundering
- 18 days after kaduna house of horror, chained children found at religious centre in Daura
Election results were collated in the coven, witness tells Tribunal
A prosecution witness for the All Progressives Congress (APC) Mr. Okpafo Victor, has told the National and State House of Assembly Election Petitions Tribunal sitting in Benin City that election results for Ikpoba-Okha/Egor Federal Constituency were collated in the coven.
Victor was testifying in the petition filed by Hon Johnson Agbonyinma against the election of Jude Ise-Idehen of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP).
In his testimony, Victor said he was APC ward agent but he refused to sign the result sheet tenderd as exhibit P89 because it was not computed in his presence.
Victor said results different from what was obtained at Amego Primary School was presented to him to sign at Eghosa Primary School which was the ward collation centre.
Another witness, Mr Cookey Igbinosa, who said he was agent for Ward 9, told the court that results for units 16, 17 & 18 were not given to him as they were reportedly burnt by thugs.
At the session, the petitioners tendered Certified True Copies of voters register for Egor and Ikpoba-Okha LGA and they were accepted as evidence.
Further hearing was adjourned to August 2nd, 2019 for definite conclusion of the Petititioners’s case.