- BREAKING: AGF takes over Sowore’s case from DSS
- BREAKING: US seizes jet of Nigerian ‘involved in multi-million dollar fraud’
- BREAKING: Reps summon Power, Labour Ministers over planned strike by electricity workers
- BREAKING: Fresh Crisis rocks Presidency as Aisha Buhari attacks Mamman Daura, Garba Shehu
- BREAKING: Court stops Ganduje from creating Kano State Council of Chiefs
- BREAKING: Buhari names Adamu as new AMCON chairman
- BREAKING: Buhari Writes Senate, seeks confirmation of Nami as FIRS Chairman
- BREAKING: Buhari appoints Nami to replace Fowler as FIRS boss
- DSS reacts to alleged re-arrest of Omoyele Sowore in court, says it was an orchestrated drama
- Hope for cardiac patients: medical breakthrough of 3D-printed heart gets backed by investor James Richman
Arsenal Reject Everton’s £30m Bid For Iwobi
Arsenal have rejected a £30m bid from Everton for Nigerian midfielder Alex Iwobi.
The 23-year-old is under contract at the Emirates until 2022. He made 35 Premier League appearances for Arsenal last season, scoring three goals and assisting seven.
However, Sky sources understand Everton are expected to return with an improved offer before the transfer window closes at 5pm on Thursday.
Meanwhile, Everton have ended efforts to sign Watford midfielder Abdoulaye Doucoure.
It is understood Everton are now considering alternative targets after their second bid of £36.7m was turned down on Tuesday.
However, one midfielder who is expected to be on the move is James McCarthy after Crystal Palace agreed a fee of £8.5m with Everton for his services.