- BREAKING: Buhari receives Lyon in Aso Rock
- BREAKING: APC floors PDP in Bayelsa guber poll, obtains over 200,000 votes
- BREAKING: Kidnapped Enugu Catholic Priest regains freedom
- BREAKING: INEC official abducted in Lokoja
- BREAKING: Sanwo-Olu begins payment of N35, 000 Minimum wage to Lagos workers
- BREAKING: Buhari on his way back to Nigeria
- BREAKING: Yola Varsity Chaplain, Prof Felix Ilesani, kidnapped
- BREAKING: Former Minister of Information, Alex Akinyele is dead
- BREAKING: Kidnapped Appeal Court judge, Justice Chioma Nwosu-Iheme regains her freedom
- BREAKING: Nigerian Air Force helicopter crash lands in Enugu
Nigerian Transgender to compete in a beauty pageant in Ghana with other ladies this year
25-year-old Nigerian Transgender who identifies as Veso Golden Oke will be competing in a beauty pageant in Ghana with other ladies this year.
According to the source, favytalk, It was gathered that Veso is now officially recognized as the first trans woman allowed to compete openly in a beauty pageant in Africa, and if she eventually wins it, she’ll represent Ghana at Miss Europe Continental in Italy.
Veso Golden Oke works in Ghana and has the support of her parents.
Recall a while ago pictures of the Nigerian transgender based in Ghana went viral on social media. The trans-woman who’s a hairstylist, event planner and makeup artiste made waves after declaring self-open transwoman last year.
Oke who used to be a man where he was known as Messiah Oke Veso. Apparently, he was born to a Nigerian father and a Ghanaian mother, into an Anglican family. He left Nigeria in 2014 and changed his gender afterward.
According to him, he was born as a young child with male genitals and the doctor announced to her mother that she was male but growing up, Oke realized he wasn’t fitting into his body and it was traumatizing. Until he discovered transitioning through an ex-girlfriend she was dating at the time.