- JUST IN: Seven killed in Gov Obaseki’s convoy accident
- BREAKING: Kogi Deputy Gov Achuba impeached
- BREAKING: Gunshots in Abuja as police disperse protesting Shi’ites
- BREAKING: Again, fuel tanker explodes in Onitsha
- BREAKING: We’ll only register candidate with NIN for 2020 UTME – JAMB
- BREAKING: Fuel tanker explodes in Onitsha [VIDEO]
- BREAKING: Police raid another torture centre in Katsina
- BREAKING: Labour, Reps meeting failed to hold, as NLC seeks new date
- BREAKING: EFCC re-arraigns Atiku’s lawyer over $2m money laundering
- 18 days after kaduna house of horror, chained children found at religious centre in Daura
Plus-sized Nigerian actress has advised her fans not to pay mind to body shammers.
A Nigerian actress Ify Okeke has preached self-love on social media. The plus-sized actress advised people not to let body shammers bring them down.
The actress, who preached self-love on her Instagram page, noted that she has never been moved by what body shamers say to her. The actress expressed that despite being an emotional person, she does not let what people say get to her.
Okeke expressed that many of her fans have come to her, saying that they are depressed due to pressure from body shammers. She noted that the fans are triggered by inferiority complex.
The actress advised people to love themselves. She added that no one would love them if they do not learn to love themselves first.
According to her, she has always been comfortable in whatever she wears. She stated that as long as she is comfortable she loves it.
Her post reads:
Anybody who knows me to well know that BODY SHAMING ME DIRECTLY or INDIRECTLY doesn’t move me. Yes, am an emotional person but that part NO DEY WORK! Truly I had to do this to help a lot of people. Everyday I get CALLS, DMs, SMS, WHATSPP, MESSENGERS etc with cry of DEPRESSION or a question of HOW DO YOU DO IT? And what’s causing the DEPRESSION? COMPLEX! INFERIORITY COMPLEX ABOUT THEIR BODY SIZE. And I get so upset when they start with the whining part…MY DEAR, NOBODY WILL LOVE YOU IF YOU DON’T LOVE YOURSELF! I IFEOMA UZOAMAKA OGECHUKWU NNENNA EJEHI RACHAEL BOSE IYABO ARIYKE KEMI ELIZABETH MARIAIMMACULATE ONOME BEAUTY have NEVER wished to be like anybody. There’s nothing in this world I want to wear that I cannot wear as long as I look at myself in the mirror and feels OK am set to go.
Growing up have always had slimmer friends, sometimes am the youngest amongst us all or we’re all within the same age bracket but looks older because of my size, even the industry judged me same way not just me but every plussize person. Which one will I kill myself for? MY VOICE OR SIZE? None because have Always love me for ME.
I FLAUNT IT WHEN I CHOOSE AND HOW I CHOOSE TO. Have got HOT LEGS, MY EVER SWEET FACE, MY SEXY VOICE, MY FINE UNIQUE GAP TOOTH, MY MAN U, MY ARESNAL, GODDDDDDDD and someone is hating herself for her gift. Please Help them to appreciate themselves and ROCK THE WORLD…#IfyOkeke #AdaOgidi #AdaIde #AdaIgbo #AdaAnambra #NwaOsike #PowerOsike #HalfEdoHalfIgbo
See photos below: