- BREAKING: Senate passes 2020 Appropriation Bill, raises budget to N10.594trn
- BREAKING: Court orders DSS to transfer El-Zakzaky, wife to Kaduna Correctional Centre
- BREAKING: Court orders DSS to release Sowore in 24 hours
- BREAKING: Pipeline explosion at Gloryland Estate, Isheri
- BREAKING: Several injured in Lagos gas explosion
- BREAKING: Senate swears in Smart Adeyemi
- BREAKING: Kidnappers of female students caught, lynched in Bayelsa
- BREAKING: Three female students kidnapped in Bayelsa
- BREAKING: Five inmates in Ikoyi prison electrocuted to death
- BREAKING: Court upholds IGP’s power to recruit
Dino Melaye describes Kogi election as a civil war, promises to take Bello amd three others to Hague
The lawmaker representing Kogi west senatorial district, Senator Dino Melaye has described the senatorial rerun and gubernatorial elections held on Saturday, November 16th in Kogi state as a civil war and not an election.
Dino who contested in the Kogi west senatorial rerun election under the platform of People’s Democratic Party which was declared inconclusive by INEC disclosed that 16 lives were lost during the election.
He further added that he would report Yahaya Bello, Smart Adeyemi, Sunday Faleke and others to the international community and then proceed to Hague.
“What we had in Kogi is no election, what we had was a civil war that has claimed 16 lives so far. I will report Bello, Smart Adeyemi, Taofik, Speaker Kolawole and Sunday Faleke to the international community and then proceed to Hague. This i promise,” Melaye tweeted.
He also alleged that the total registered voters for Okene LGA was 118,543 and that the PVCs collected was 48,065, saying that INEC announced that APC scored 112,764 votes, which exceeded PVCs collected with 64,543 votes.