- Buhari calls late Hauwa Liman’s father
- Atiku picks Peter Obi as running mate for 2019 Presidential Election
- Lagos APC shun NWC, declares Sanwo-Olu winner of governorship primary
- NWC cancels Lagos APC primaries, Sanwo-olu reportedly defeats Ambode
- Lagos APC Primaries: Buhari summons Tinubu, Ambode today
- Two Nigerian Air Force jets crash while rehearsing for Independence celebrations, 1 Pilot confirmed dead
- Osun State Election Result: Adeleke, PDP disappointed as errors emerge in Ayedaade, Osogbo poll results
- National Carrier Project: Nigeria Air has been suspended indefinitely
- Exam Malpractice: Senator Adeleke declared wanted by Police
- Bauchi Commissioner, Mahmood Abubakar is dead
Armed robbers attack, stab popular singer, Chris Morgan in Abuja
Suspected armed robbers on Saturday attacked and stabbed a popular gospel singer, Chris Abah Ochogwu Morgan, AKA Chris Morgan, along the Airport Road, Abuja.
The robbers, heavily armed, emerged from the bush and robbed them off their valuables, including some cash.
The musician and his band were said to have alighted to ascertain the real cause of the sudden breakdown in their car when they were attacked.
The bloodthirsty attackers, who were apparently on a different mission stabbed the singer close to his spinal cord.
Morgan is currently receiving treatment in a hospital in Gwarinpa, Abuja.
Recounting his ordeal from the hospital bed, Morgan told newsmen that, “As if that was not enough, the man took his knife and wanted to slit my throat and I began to shout Jesus and hit the sword and it injured my hand.
“I summoned courage and I took off and they went after my boys, they chased one of them for close to 30 minutes in the bush but he escaped.
“I was in the middle of the road shouting for help in the pool of my blood when a woman saw me and recognised me. She quickly opened her back door and helped me to enter.
“It was God who saved me and my team. I thank God no life was lost. It was just another distraction by the enemy,” a thankful Morgan told our reporter.
Also speaking on the matter, the singer’s manager, Moses Ogidi Paul, told newsmen that they miraculously escaped from the robbers.