- JUST IN: Court strikes out certificate fraud case against AbdulRazaq
- Breaking: Tribunal rejects Atiku’s request to access INEC server
- JUST IN: Lawan’s SA on Media resigns
- Breaking: Two injured as building collapses in Lagos
- Breaking: Senate President, Ahmad Lawan withdraws appointment of media aide, Festus Adedayo
- Breaking: Tension in Bauchi Assembly as two Speakers emerge
- Breaking: Buhari appoints new GMD for NNPC
- Breaking: Abducted ex-minister’s son, Dayo Adewole, regains freedom
- Breaking: Buhari returns Ahmed Idris as AGF
- Breaking: Luis Enrique resigns as Spain’s coach
Davido is a serving corps member and should abide by the rules and regulations of the scheme but there is one rule he is flouting and it has led to a debate on Twitter after comedian Wale Gates pointed it out.
According to the NYSC rules and regulations, serving corps members are not allowed to take part in partisan politics. Doing so attracts a penalty of 3 months without pay.
But Davido has been supporting his uncle who is contesting for the Governor of Osun state and has been photographed at rallies clad in the PDP uniform.
Wale Gates shared a photo of Davido in his NYSC uniform and another of him in a PDP uniform and added a screenshot of the NYSC rule being flouted by the popular singer. He then invited lawyers to discuss it.
But most people are of the opinion that there’s nothing to be discussed because Davido can well do without the three months meagre allowance.
Another related topic; Davido addresses Corp members seated on the floor (photo)