- Gunmen kill 10, kidnapped 3 women in Zamfara
- Rev. Fr. Mbaka escapes death in a failed assassination attempts, Adoration ministry cries out
- Reps cancel Ajaokuta Steel privatisation, asks FG to revive it with recovered Abacha loot
- NASS approve June 12 as Democracy Day
- 2019: Obasanjo, Atiku in closed door meeting, plans on how to wrestle power from Buhari
- ASUU strkie continues as meeting with FG ends inconclusive
- Former US president George Bush is dead
- OPC founder, Frederick Fasehun is dead
- Full list of those affected as FG freezes bank accounts of suspects on Nigeria Looters list
- Tension rocks Akwa Ibom as sacked lawmakers again shut down Assembly complex, move to impeach Speaker
By close of business on Thursday, October 25, six men had visited the family of Nyalong Ngong Deng with various proposals; one suitor is leading the pack with 520 heifers and three Toyota V8 cars.
Among the competitors is the former commissioner of Awerial and the current Deputy Governor of Eastern Lakes State among other who is who in the Africa’s youngest independent state.
The news that Kok Alat is the leading suitor did not come as a surprise to those who know him as a tycoon with vast interest in different businesses in East African nations.
Word on the street is that there are two more men willing to pay higher prices should they get accepted by the damsel’s parents.
In Yirol community culture, any man willing to marry must convince the girl’s family he has the desired qualities which include ability to take care of their daughter.
It is from here that contestants are carefully ‘auditioned’ before letting them battle it out in a long search for the lucky son-in-law able to meet dowry terms.
The battle continues. You may also like; Delta Prince wed two women together in a grand ceremony (photos)