- Breaking: INEC receives applications for three new parties
- Breaking: Appeal Court strikes out suit challenging Ihedioha’s emergence as PDP guber candidate
- JUST IN: Five rescued from Kano collapsed building
- JUST IN: ASUU suspends strike in Taraba University
- JUST IN: Another Building Collapses In Lagos As Three escape Death
- JUST IN: Two storey building collapses in Warri
- Breaking: Tribunal strikes out petition challenging Faleke’s victory
- Just in: Ondo Assembly sacks interim council chairmen
- BREAKING: Senate adjourns plenary for 2 weeks
- Breaking: PDP, Atiku seek tribunal’s permission to inspect INEC’s server
Here are five couples that Nigerian fans are sorry to see their marriages end.
1. Tiwa Savage and Tee Billz
This was supposed to be Nigeria’s “pop royal couple”. But no sooner than they had two wedding parties- one in Lagos and the other in Dubai- did rumours of an imminent breakup start to spread. Matters came to a head in 2016 when TeeBillz accused his wife of adultery. She countered by accusing him of the same and including drug abuse.
2. Tonto Dikeh and Churchill Oladunni
The aftermath of this marriage continues to cause ripples today. Tonto initially described her husband as the most loving man in the world only to reveal that she was domestically abused and that Oladunni was a fraudster. He would later allege that she was, in fact, was the abuser.
3. Lillian Esoro and Ubi Franklin
Towards the end of 2016, actress Lillian Esoro removed all traces of her one-year-old marriage to music exec Ubi Franklin from her social media pages and stopped wearing her wedding ring. Insiders revealed afterwards that the marriage had broken up months before and Esoro had moved out from their Lekki home.
4. Chris Attoh and Damilola Adegbite
The two actors got married in 2015 and by the following year, both parties have gone their separate ways. Attoh on his part has moved on by getting remarried just a few weeks ago.
5. Mercy Aigbe and Lanre Gentry
Having defended her husband against people who said he was abusing her in the past, Mercy Aigbe caught fans unawares when she released photos that showed bruises on her face. Gentry denied but was dragged to court by Aigbe. You may also likke; Excitement as Nollyood actress Nkech Blessing gets engaged
Watch this video;