- Buhari extends appointment of acting CJN, Muhammad
- BREAKING: UAE sentence another 8 Nigerians to death for robbery, 1 jailed for possession of stolen money
- BREAKING: Nollywood Movie Director Ifeanyi Onyeabor Dies
- BREAKING: Fire outbreak destroys multi-million properties in Ibadan, Residents laments delayed Fire Service
- Photo of Ex-lawmaker, Igbo leader, Anthony Igboka who was assassinated in Anambra
- BREAKING: Tanker explodes in Gombe, kills 10 (photos)
- Many feared dead as armed robbers attack only Bank in Ondo Community
- BREAKING: Owerri Airport on fire, cause yet unknown (video)
- Maiduguri Bomb blast: Death toll hits 5, 30 others injured
- Suspended CJN, Justice Walter Onnoghen finally resigns
Here are five couples that Nigerian fans are sorry to see their marriages end.
1. Tiwa Savage and Tee Billz
This was supposed to be Nigeria’s “pop royal couple”. But no sooner than they had two wedding parties- one in Lagos and the other in Dubai- did rumours of an imminent breakup start to spread. Matters came to a head in 2016 when TeeBillz accused his wife of adultery. She countered by accusing him of the same and including drug abuse.
2. Tonto Dikeh and Churchill Oladunni
The aftermath of this marriage continues to cause ripples today. Tonto initially described her husband as the most loving man in the world only to reveal that she was domestically abused and that Oladunni was a fraudster. He would later allege that she was, in fact, was the abuser.
3. Lillian Esoro and Ubi Franklin
Towards the end of 2016, actress Lillian Esoro removed all traces of her one-year-old marriage to music exec Ubi Franklin from her social media pages and stopped wearing her wedding ring. Insiders revealed afterwards that the marriage had broken up months before and Esoro had moved out from their Lekki home.
4. Chris Attoh and Damilola Adegbite
The two actors got married in 2015 and by the following year, both parties have gone their separate ways. Attoh on his part has moved on by getting remarried just a few weeks ago.
5. Mercy Aigbe and Lanre Gentry
Having defended her husband against people who said he was abusing her in the past, Mercy Aigbe caught fans unawares when she released photos that showed bruises on her face. Gentry denied but was dragged to court by Aigbe. You may also likke; Excitement as Nollyood actress Nkech Blessing gets engaged
Watch this video;