- BREAKING: Tribunal nullifies Dino Melaye’s election
- Breaking: Confusion as 2 groups stage protests for, against Oyo youngest commissioner
- BREAKING: Ex-Super Falcons player, Ifeanyi Chiejine is dead
- BREAKING: Fatoyinbo snubbed PFN’s investigating panel on rape allegation
- BREAKING: Court dismisses HDP’s petition against Buhari, APC, INEC
- Breaking: Scores dead, secretariat, houses razed as Boko Haram overrun Borno areas
- BREAKING: Buhari remains Minister of Petroleum
- BREAKING: Court adjourns for judgment on Atiku’s petition
- BREAKING: Buhari begins swearing-in of ministers
- BREAKING: Supreme Court rejects Atiku, PDP’s request to access ‘INEC server’
Alex Iwobi is Now Nigeria’s Most Valuable Footballer
Thanks to the CIES Football Observatory, an algorithm exists to help calculate the transfer values of players from the big 5 leagues, taking into consideration their age, the length of their contract, the influence of their football club, and other factors. Iwobi, estimated to be worth an impressive €55.2 million, has dethroned Leicester’s Wilfred Ndidi as the most valuable Nigerian player.
Ndidi, who was worth €79.2 million at his peak February 2018, has dropped to €55 million, just a little behind Iwobi. The next Nigerian player on the list, though, falls a little far below: Chelsea’s Victor Moses worth €24 million.