- BREAKING: Court orders forfeiture of Saraki’s houses in Ikoyi
- BREAKING: Court Partially Varies Sowore, Bakare’s Bail Conditions, adjourns Case
- Three days after impeachment saga, Edward Onoja sworn-in as Kogi Deputy Governor
- BREAKING: Two critically injured as container falls in Onitsha
- BREAKING: Kogi Assembly confirms Onoja as Yahaya Bello’s deputy
- JUST IN: Seven killed in Gov Obaseki’s convoy accident
- BREAKING: Kogi Deputy Gov Achuba impeached
- BREAKING: Gunshots in Abuja as police disperse protesting Shi’ites
- BREAKING: Again, fuel tanker explodes in Onitsha
- BREAKING: We’ll only register candidate with NIN for 2020 UTME – JAMB
Alex Iwobi is Now Nigeria’s Most Valuable Footballer
Thanks to the CIES Football Observatory, an algorithm exists to help calculate the transfer values of players from the big 5 leagues, taking into consideration their age, the length of their contract, the influence of their football club, and other factors. Iwobi, estimated to be worth an impressive €55.2 million, has dethroned Leicester’s Wilfred Ndidi as the most valuable Nigerian player.
Ndidi, who was worth €79.2 million at his peak February 2018, has dropped to €55 million, just a little behind Iwobi. The next Nigerian player on the list, though, falls a little far below: Chelsea’s Victor Moses worth €24 million.