- BREAKING: Collation of Bauchi governorship election results stopped by Court
- Video: Another building collapses in Lagos, many trapped!
- At least 100 people feared dead, 200 missing as cyclone hits Mozambique and Zimbabwe
- APC Lawmaker recently elected, Garba Muhammad Butalawa dies in Kano
- Popular Nigerian artist, Okwui Enwezor die of cancer
- Many trapped, injured as another building collapses at Shogoye Bus Stop in Ibadan
- APC Lawmaker, Ezekiel Afon slumps, dies after winning House Of Assembly election in Plateau State
- INEC office burnt down in Imo before announcement of election results
- APC candidate, Abdulrahman Abdulrasaq wins Kwara gubernatorial polls, declared governor-elect
- Boat carrying election results, INEC officials capsizes in Delta State; 12 missing
‘I’ve stolen over 58 female undies’, confession of a man beaten to stupor for stealing pants in Anambra
A middle-aged man was nearly lynched by angry mob for allegedly selling ladies’ pants in Mgbakwu, Awka North local council area of Anambra State.
The suspect, simply identified as Ifeanyi, a native of Enugu state, was reportedly caught in a students’ residential quarters while attempting to steal the undies.
According to The Nation, the suspect had confessed stealing over 58 female pants before he was caught by a lady in the early hours of the fateful day.
A resident of the area who pleaded anonymity said the suspect gained entrance to the apartment around 2am.
He said, “He headed to the rope where the pants were hung and was collecting them when a woman who came out to ease herself raised alarm.
“The neighbours quickly rushed to the scene and pounced on him, stripping him of his clothes.”
The Nation further learnt that the suspect who was later abandoned by the angry mob after pleading for mercy confessed to have been into the act for years.
“I usually sell them to one Emeka Ofor in Enugu at the rate of N500 per piece,” he said.
The suspect who claimed to have dropped out of school as a result of mental illness blamed his traival on the devil.
The State Police spokesperson, Haruna Mohammed, said he was yet to be briefed on the matter.
You may like to read; I fingered only one of them, Teacher who defiled underage girls confesses