- Breaking: INEC receives applications for three new parties
- Breaking: Appeal Court strikes out suit challenging Ihedioha’s emergence as PDP guber candidate
- JUST IN: Five rescued from Kano collapsed building
- JUST IN: ASUU suspends strike in Taraba University
- JUST IN: Another Building Collapses In Lagos As Three escape Death
- JUST IN: Two storey building collapses in Warri
- Breaking: Tribunal strikes out petition challenging Faleke’s victory
- Just in: Ondo Assembly sacks interim council chairmen
- BREAKING: Senate adjourns plenary for 2 weeks
- Breaking: PDP, Atiku seek tribunal’s permission to inspect INEC’s server
A popular officer in the Nigerian Police Force has been captured on camera as he joins the call by thousands of Nigerians citizens to put an end to the Special Anti Robbery Squad (SARS).
The officer identified as Yomi Sars, gained popularity on the social media after he came out to show off his talent as a singer, and has since began his career as a music artiste while doubling as a police officer.
In a video that is making rounds in the online community, the officer of the law was recorded at a social function with some friends, as he joined the camera handler in making a call for the end of SARS.
He repeatedly mouthed the words : “End SARS, end SARS”
See the video below:
Some social media users reacted to the video saying that the police officer’s words were not sincere and he was only making the call because he was at a gathering where angry youths could possibly accost him.
See some comments below:
Fummykushimo: He had to concur with the call to end SARS so the youths at the club will not kill him…sharp ode boy
Idaoracle: He is just acting a fool to fool the fool who think they are fooling him #UGeTmE
Mfdw_stores_fabrics_and_more: Abi is he afraid that they may lynch him of he does not join and say it?
Eniola_fatoye: He is not even confident enough to say it I see the look in his face
The call to bring the SARS movement to an end is one that has gained momentum in the Nigerian media space. Many citizens have constantly expressed that they are living in fear and cannot even vouch for their own security by officers of the law who are supposed to protect them.