- BREAKING: Tribunal nullifies Dino Melaye’s election
- Breaking: Confusion as 2 groups stage protests for, against Oyo youngest commissioner
- BREAKING: Ex-Super Falcons player, Ifeanyi Chiejine is dead
- BREAKING: Fatoyinbo snubbed PFN’s investigating panel on rape allegation
- BREAKING: Court dismisses HDP’s petition against Buhari, APC, INEC
- Breaking: Scores dead, secretariat, houses razed as Boko Haram overrun Borno areas
- BREAKING: Buhari remains Minister of Petroleum
- BREAKING: Court adjourns for judgment on Atiku’s petition
- BREAKING: Buhari begins swearing-in of ministers
- BREAKING: Supreme Court rejects Atiku, PDP’s request to access ‘INEC server’
The model who accused Neymar of rape has finally come forward to speak about the alleged attack. The lady identified as Najila Trindade Mendes de Souza unmasked herself as Neymar’s accuser as she appeared on Brazilian TV, news station SBT for the first time on Wednesday.
Trindade said she was the victim of ‘aggression and rape‘ by the Paris Saint-Germain player in a hotel room in the French capital on May 15. She said the encounter started out consensual but quickly turned violent, leaving her with bruises and scrapes to her legs and buttocks, with Neymar refusing to stop.
Neymar has strongly denied the accusation that he raped the woman in Paris, saying it was a setup. According to Brazilian publication UOL Sport, Neymar had held a conversation with the woman through the social media platform Instagram and, through a friend, arranged for her to travel to Paris.
It was alleged that Neymar arrived drunk at her hotel, the Sofitel Paris Arc de Triomphe, on May 15 before becoming aggressive and violent and then raping her. The woman claimed she was left shaken by the experience and returned to Brazil on May 17. Her complaint is reported to have been filed last Friday in Sao Paulo. She told police that Neymar arrived at the hotel that night ‘apparently drunk,’ and that they talked and ‘caressed’.
‘However, at some point, Neymar became aggressive, and through violence, practiced sexual intercourse against the will of the victim,’ the police report says.
Watch the video below.
— SBT Jornalismo (@sbtjornalismo) June 5, 2019