- JUST IN: Court strikes out certificate fraud case against AbdulRazaq
- Breaking: Tribunal rejects Atiku’s request to access INEC server
- JUST IN: Lawan’s SA on Media resigns
- Breaking: Two injured as building collapses in Lagos
- Breaking: Senate President, Ahmad Lawan withdraws appointment of media aide, Festus Adedayo
- Breaking: Tension in Bauchi Assembly as two Speakers emerge
- Breaking: Buhari appoints new GMD for NNPC
- Breaking: Abducted ex-minister’s son, Dayo Adewole, regains freedom
- Breaking: Buhari returns Ahmed Idris as AGF
- Breaking: Luis Enrique resigns as Spain’s coach
This was clearly seen at the recently held TECNO SPARK Light Up Your Dream 3 event as seven people were made millionaires in the well-contested grand finale and raffle draw.
At the TECNO Light up your dream 3 competition which started in April as part of the TECNO Spark 3 launch activities, many young Nigerian entrepreneurs with various dreams ranging from business expansion, career, recreational, agriculture to technology, shared their dreams with the hope of winning the one million Naira prize money.
This year, over 16,000 entries were received at the end of the competition. Top 5 entries were selected every week for 5 weeks where the best two were picked weekly via vote by the audience. In all 10 people were selected for the grand finale where they pitched their ideas to a live audience and distinguished panel of judges that included the CEO of 360 Group, Noble Igwe and Nollywood actress, Juliana Olayode, popularly known as Toyo Baby.
Speaking at the well-attended event, Jesse Oguntimehin, PR and Strategic Partnership Manger, TECNO Nigeria, stated that although the initiative was an experiment the brand decided to carry out, over the years, it has been a huge success. He also said that the initiative was conceived with the intention of making a positive impact on the different local communities in Nigeria by empowering Nigerians, young at heart to achieve their lifelong dreams because TECNO really is for Nigerians.
At the end of the pitching, two winners were selected based on their communication skills, creativity, and business acumen.
The two winners, Amaka Judith, a shoemaker and Mercy Orlu, a soap maker, went away with N1 million each while five others who bought the TECNO Spark 3 also won one million naira each in the regional raffle draws held across five regions in the country. Congratulations to all the winners.