- Breaking: Confusion as 2 groups stage protests for, against Oyo youngest commissioner
- BREAKING: Ex-Super Falcons player, Ifeanyi Chiejine is dead
- BREAKING: Fatoyinbo snubbed PFN’s investigating panel on rape allegation
- BREAKING: Court dismisses HDP’s petition against Buhari, APC, INEC
- Breaking: Scores dead, secretariat, houses razed as Boko Haram overrun Borno areas
- BREAKING: Buhari remains Minister of Petroleum
- BREAKING: Court adjourns for judgment on Atiku’s petition
- BREAKING: Buhari begins swearing-in of ministers
- BREAKING: Supreme Court rejects Atiku, PDP’s request to access ‘INEC server’
- BREAKING: Kogi Deputy Gov. Drags Assembly to court over impeachment notice
Police arrest 3,300 drivers for drunk driving
Police “special island-wide” operation designed to nab drunk drivers since July 5 have successfully led to the arrest of over 3,300 drivers in Sir Lanka.
This was contained in a press statement released by the Police on Wednesday.
The Police said a total of 3,354 drivers were arrested from across the country till Wednesday afternoon, in the special operations which will end on August 5.
According to Xinhua reports, Police spokesperson, SP Ruwan Gunasekara, said the drunk drivers would be fined 25,000 Sri Lankan rupees (about $142.94) and Police officers who arrest the drunk drivers will also be rewarded.
Road accidents claimed over 3,000 lives in Sri Lanka in 2018.