- BREAKING: Again, fuel tanker explodes in Onitsha
- BREAKING: We’ll only register candidate with NIN for 2020 UTME – JAMB
- BREAKING: Fuel tanker explodes in Onitsha [VIDEO]
- BREAKING: Police raid another torture centre in Katsina
- BREAKING: Labour, Reps meeting failed to hold, as NLC seeks new date
- BREAKING: EFCC re-arraigns Atiku’s lawyer over $2m money laundering
- 18 days after kaduna house of horror, chained children found at religious centre in Daura
- BREAKING: Moghalu resigns from YPP, canvasses for electoral reform
- BREAKING: Customs orders complete border import, export ban
- BREAKING: Aisha Buhari leaves UK for Nigeria
Police arrest 3,300 drivers for drunk driving
Police “special island-wide” operation designed to nab drunk drivers since July 5 have successfully led to the arrest of over 3,300 drivers in Sir Lanka.
This was contained in a press statement released by the Police on Wednesday.
The Police said a total of 3,354 drivers were arrested from across the country till Wednesday afternoon, in the special operations which will end on August 5.
According to Xinhua reports, Police spokesperson, SP Ruwan Gunasekara, said the drunk drivers would be fined 25,000 Sri Lankan rupees (about $142.94) and Police officers who arrest the drunk drivers will also be rewarded.
Road accidents claimed over 3,000 lives in Sri Lanka in 2018.