- BREAKING: Tribunal upholds Ikpeazu’s election, dismisses Alex Otti’s petition
- BREAKING: Tribunal dismisses petition against Taraba Gov, Ishaku’s election
- BREAKING: Reps orders CBN to suspend cashless policy
- BREAKING: Tribunal upholds Udom’s election Victory
- BREAKING: Buhari sacks Head of Service, Oyo-Ita
- BREAKING: Second batch of 315 Nigerians arrive from South Africa
- BREAKING: Running mate crisis: Dickson sacks special adviser
- BREAKING: Buhari dissolves panel established by Osinbajo, issues new order to AGF Malami
- BREAKING: South Africa grants landing permit to Air Peace — Mission
- BREAKING: Delay in landing rights approval shifts evacuation of Nigerians
EPL: FA told to abolish VAR after Man City’s 2-2 with Tottenham
Veteran English journalist, Piers Morgan has called on the English FA to abolish the Video Assistant Referee following one its major decisions during Tottenham’s 2-2 draw with Manchester City on Saturday.
The controversial incident occurred very late in the Manchester City and Tottenham clash at the Etihad stadium.
Tottenham did well to respond twice after going behind to Pep Guardiola’s back-to-back champions.
However, in the dying moments of the game, Gabriel Jesus appeared to have scored the winning goal to snatch all of the three points for City.
But that goal was ruled out as Spurs secured a big point.
“VAR sucks. Let’s get rid of it before it ruins football,” Morgan tweeted.