- BREAKING: Stolen card readers caught with three persons in Lagos
- BREAKING: JAMB shifts UTME exams
- Yobe State Deputy Speaker, Garba Ibrahim is dead
- Boko Haram bombs Maiduguri mosque, 11 confirmed dead
- Aide to Delta State Governor on youth matters, Ngozi Ijei shot dead
- BREAKING: INEC Finally Postpones Presidential Election, Releases New Date
- BREAKING: INEC To Postpone Presidential Election
- Onnoghen: Former CJN granted bail on self-recognition
- Two suspected Terrorists trying to bomb bridge arrested in Ebonyi state (photos)
- Senator Ahmed Ogembe escape death by whisker along Abuja-Lokoja expressway
Burna Boy arrested, detained — Lagos Police
Nigerian dancehall star, Damini Ogulu popularly known as ‘Burna Boy’ on Friday submitted himself to the Lagos State Police Command over his alleged involvement in a robbery attack on a fellow artiste, Mr 2kay.
Burna Boy’s detention was made known via a statement by the Lagos State Police Public Relations Officer, Chike Oti.
According to Oti, Burna Boy after submitting himself to police was subsequently interrogated and detained.
“He is expected to be charged to court on Monday alongside four of members of the gang earlier arrested..
“He submitted himself to the Command headquarters in Ikeja at about 5pm on Friday, December 15,” Oti said
Meanwhile, Lagos Commissioner of Police, Mr Imohimi Edgal, after the interrogation, said the State Police Command has zero tolerance for all forms of crime and would not hesitate to prosecute anyone found culpable in any criminal offence perpetrated in the State.
“There would be no sacred cows. This Command is poised to ensure that every resident can feel safe wherever they are and carry out their businesses without fear or favour. Anyone, therefore, found to be involved in this case would be made to face the law to clear his or her name or face prosecution,” Imohimi said.