- Manager of Dangote Cement plant, Deep Kamra, shot dead
- Dasuki granted fresh bail
- Senate finally passes 2018 budget
- PDP Chieftain, Bode George loses son to undisclosed ailment
- Court nullifies Omo-Agege’s suspension by Senate, says its unconstitutional
- Court jails Popular SAN, Joseph Nwobike in Lagos over justice perversion
- Bomb explodes at Ohanaeze Ndigbo President’s home in enugu
- Photos: Suicide bombers attacks Mosque in Borno, killed at least 5, injured many
- Thugs attacks Abia APC Secretariat, cart away valuables (Photos)
- Another Daredevil Robbers raid Ekiti bank, kill policeman
Burna Boy arrested, detained — Lagos Police
Nigerian dancehall star, Damini Ogulu popularly known as ‘Burna Boy’ on Friday submitted himself to the Lagos State Police Command over his alleged involvement in a robbery attack on a fellow artiste, Mr 2kay.
Burna Boy’s detention was made known via a statement by the Lagos State Police Public Relations Officer, Chike Oti.
According to Oti, Burna Boy after submitting himself to police was subsequently interrogated and detained.
“He is expected to be charged to court on Monday alongside four of members of the gang earlier arrested..
“He submitted himself to the Command headquarters in Ikeja at about 5pm on Friday, December 15,” Oti said
Meanwhile, Lagos Commissioner of Police, Mr Imohimi Edgal, after the interrogation, said the State Police Command has zero tolerance for all forms of crime and would not hesitate to prosecute anyone found culpable in any criminal offence perpetrated in the State.
“There would be no sacred cows. This Command is poised to ensure that every resident can feel safe wherever they are and carry out their businesses without fear or favour. Anyone, therefore, found to be involved in this case would be made to face the law to clear his or her name or face prosecution,” Imohimi said.