- Ballot snatching, shooting ruining ongoing Rivers bye-election
- Abuja building collapse: 2 killed, 18 trapped, six rescued
- Dankwambo in closed-door meeting with Obasanjo
- Gov Obiano’s aide, Randie Chima found dead in his room
- Armed robbers kill 12 while raiding two banks In Edo State
- DSS DG, Lawal Daura arrested, detained after Osinbajo sacked him
- Nigerian Army arrest Maje Lawan, one of the most wanted Boko Haram terrorists
- Nine Youth Corps members drown after taking party to River Mayo-Selbe in Taraba State
- Plateau lawmaker, Yusuf Gagdi, involved in ghastly accident, Airforce personnel hospitalised
- PDP files petition against Fayemi’s victory in Ekiti
Burna Boy arrested, detained — Lagos Police
Nigerian dancehall star, Damini Ogulu popularly known as ‘Burna Boy’ on Friday submitted himself to the Lagos State Police Command over his alleged involvement in a robbery attack on a fellow artiste, Mr 2kay.
Burna Boy’s detention was made known via a statement by the Lagos State Police Public Relations Officer, Chike Oti.
According to Oti, Burna Boy after submitting himself to police was subsequently interrogated and detained.
“He is expected to be charged to court on Monday alongside four of members of the gang earlier arrested..
“He submitted himself to the Command headquarters in Ikeja at about 5pm on Friday, December 15,” Oti said
Meanwhile, Lagos Commissioner of Police, Mr Imohimi Edgal, after the interrogation, said the State Police Command has zero tolerance for all forms of crime and would not hesitate to prosecute anyone found culpable in any criminal offence perpetrated in the State.
“There would be no sacred cows. This Command is poised to ensure that every resident can feel safe wherever they are and carry out their businesses without fear or favour. Anyone, therefore, found to be involved in this case would be made to face the law to clear his or her name or face prosecution,” Imohimi said.