- Buhari calls late Hauwa Liman’s father
- Atiku picks Peter Obi as running mate for 2019 Presidential Election
- Lagos APC shun NWC, declares Sanwo-Olu winner of governorship primary
- NWC cancels Lagos APC primaries, Sanwo-olu reportedly defeats Ambode
- Lagos APC Primaries: Buhari summons Tinubu, Ambode today
- Two Nigerian Air Force jets crash while rehearsing for Independence celebrations, 1 Pilot confirmed dead
- Osun State Election Result: Adeleke, PDP disappointed as errors emerge in Ayedaade, Osogbo poll results
- National Carrier Project: Nigeria Air has been suspended indefinitely
- Exam Malpractice: Senator Adeleke declared wanted by Police
- Bauchi Commissioner, Mahmood Abubakar is dead
2019: ”APC govt planning to freeze accounts of Atiku, Saraki, Wike, other” – Timi Frank alleges
Deputy National Publicity Secretary of the All Progressives Congress, Timi Frank, has accused the Federal government of planning to freeze the accounts
Immediate past Deputy National Publicity Secretary of the All Progressives Congress, Timi Frank, has accused the Federal government of planning to freeze the accounts of former Vice President Atiku Abubakar, Senate President Bukola Saraki, Rivers state governor Ezenwo Nyesom Wike, Sokoto state governor Aminu Tambuwal, National Chairman of PDP, Uche Secondu and former governor of Kano state, Sen. Rabiu Musa Kwankwaso.
According to Vanguard, Timi made this allegation in a statement released yesterday. The former APC spokesperson said the government is also planning to freeze the accounts of some businessmen and women who are sympathetic to the opposition parties. He alleged that the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) will be used to raise different allegations against major opposition leaders and serving governors across the country in order to demoralised the opposition leaders and render them incapacitated financially.
According to Frank, the recent reported frozen of accounts of two PDP states (Benue and Akwa Ibom) formed part of the plot to ensure that states being controlled by the opposition parties are deprived from having resources to run government and blackmail them into joining the ruling party.
“Even though after serious pressures we gathered that EFCC had unfrozen the accounts they earlier illegally step down, we are in the known that they will soon start with private individuals but whatever game plan the ruling party might be plotting against the major opposition leaders and other private individuals, Nigerians will rise against it”.
While warning the government not to embark on any act of illegality in desperate move to win 2019 election, Frank said Nigerians and international communities are fully aware of all the happening in the country and will surely resist evil plot against the people.