- BREAKING: South Africa grants landing permit to Air Peace — Mission
- BREAKING: Delay in landing rights approval shifts evacuation of Nigerians
- BREAKING: Tribunal upholds election of Gov. Makinde
- BREAKING: South African envoys designated to beg Nigerians arrive Abuja
- BREAKING: FG approves $5.3bn for Ibadan-Kano rail project
- BREAKING: Tribunal uphold Ayade’s victory
- Breaking: Nigerians who fled South Africa over xenophobic attacks arrive in Lagos
- BREAKING: Presidential tribunal upholds Buhari’s election, dismisses PDP petitions in its entirety
- BREAKING: No evidence in INEC electronically transmitted results to server, Court rules
- BREAKING: Immigration hurdles delay arrival of 317 Nigerians from South Africa
A suspected Yahoo Boy was caught hiding inside chair during the raid in Ogun State.
A statement from the agency says the arrest of the suspects was not an easy task as most of them hid themselves in some ridiculous places in the house where they were arrested. Some of the suspects hid themselves inside chairs and the rest, but they were smoked out.
Aged between 15 and 39 years, the suspects were arrested at Liberty Estate, Laderin area of Abeokuta, Ogun during an early morning sting operation carried out by men of the commission.
Due to the timing, the suspects were taken by surprise when the EFCC operatives swept on them at one of their notorious havens in the ancient city.
Charms being used by suspects discovered by EFCC officials
Fourteen of them claimed to be undergraduates, while 18 others said they are self-employed in various vocations. Items recovered from them include six exotic cars, laptops, mobile phones, several documents containing false pretences and fetish objects.
The suspects will be charged to court as soon as investigations are concluded.
See more photos from the operation below.