- BREAKING: APC floors PDP in Bayelsa guber poll, obtains over 200,000 votes
- BREAKING: Kidnapped Enugu Catholic Priest regains freedom
- BREAKING: INEC official abducted in Lokoja
- BREAKING: Sanwo-Olu begins payment of N35, 000 Minimum wage to Lagos workers
- BREAKING: Buhari on his way back to Nigeria
- BREAKING: Yola Varsity Chaplain, Prof Felix Ilesani, kidnapped
- BREAKING: Former Minister of Information, Alex Akinyele is dead
- BREAKING: Kidnapped Appeal Court judge, Justice Chioma Nwosu-Iheme regains her freedom
- BREAKING: Nigerian Air Force helicopter crash lands in Enugu
- BREAKING: Court dismisses Busola Dakolo’s case against Fatoyinbo
Toke Makinwa Slams Snoop Dogg’s Post About Gucci Mane And His Wife
Toke Makinwa took a dig at Snoop Dogg over an Instagram post he shared on Gucci Mane and Keyshia Ka’oir’s marriage.
Snoop Dogg had praised Gucci Mane & Keyshia Ka’oir’s relationship with a meme repost. The meme had a photo of the happy couple holding hands at their wedding and a caption which read:
“Everybody wants this, But what y’all forget is she was with Wild Gucci, on drugs Gucci, cheating Gucci, in jail Gucci, publicity with other women Gucci | This is Gucci after therapy / rehabilitation | This is a street Man Groomed in his 30’s after he’s been at his lowest | Point, this is a RIDER who knew what she signed up for, Yall other females is with another dude after a couple fights.”
However reacting to the meme repost which got the support of some Instagram users, the media personality said she got pissed by the narrative. Toke Makinwa stated that the meme also promotes low self esteem which she held on to for most part of her life.
“I am deeply tired of this narrative though, this post pissed me off soooo much, why do we like to make women look like huge jokes? why is this the way to happiness? Why must you sell the “I suffer pass” mentality? This promotes low self esteem. I know for the most part of my life I believed that for love to be real, it has to hurt, I believed there has to be pain and real humiliation before you find peace and that mentality is BS. That mentality made me stay in crazy situations and do the most for the wrong reasons. Let’s stop pls. This is trash.
Pls show me examples of men who stayed with a cheating woman, drug addict, jail bird, publicity with other men etc. show me a man who knew what he signed up for and even after she slept with his brothers and friends held her down till she became refined. If we can’t pick 10 men pls stop raising your daughters to hold down situations that might eventually break them, stop selling the narrative that women have to suffer before they find love. This is ruining lives for real and it should stop.”