- Gunmen kill 10, kidnapped 3 women in Zamfara
- Rev. Fr. Mbaka escapes death in a failed assassination attempts, Adoration ministry cries out
- Reps cancel Ajaokuta Steel privatisation, asks FG to revive it with recovered Abacha loot
- NASS approve June 12 as Democracy Day
- 2019: Obasanjo, Atiku in closed door meeting, plans on how to wrestle power from Buhari
- ASUU strkie continues as meeting with FG ends inconclusive
- Former US president George Bush is dead
- OPC founder, Frederick Fasehun is dead
- Full list of those affected as FG freezes bank accounts of suspects on Nigeria Looters list
- Tension rocks Akwa Ibom as sacked lawmakers again shut down Assembly complex, move to impeach Speaker
According to Akpororo, comedians are known to marry pretty women because people like beautiful things.
In most parts of the world, people are known to date for a while before getting married. This is done so that they would get to know about their partner’s personality before deciding to live with them forever.
This general practice has led to several blissful marriages, but it sometimes leads to long courtships that don’t eventually lead to marriage.
In the case of Nigerian comedian, Akpororo, he married his wife without even dating her.
In a recent interview with PUNCH, the comic act explained that his wife used to be part of a dance group and that soon after they started exchanging pleasantries, they decided to get married. He also revealed that they started dating after getting married.
“I did not date my wife. We are in the same industry and she was with Explicit Dance Group. We had met on some occasions and greeted each other. We never had any period to date; I would say we started dating after we got married. Although I am a comedian, when I approached her, she took my words seriously because whenever I am serious you would easily know.”
The dark-skinned comedian also spoke more on why comedians in the industry are known to marry beautiful women. According to him, everybody loves pretty things.
“We work hard and we see beautiful ladies every day so it is only natural to marry a beautiful woman. It is just a coincidence that comedians have beautiful wives, but the truth is that we all love pretty women. When we talk about beauty, it does not have to do with the face alone but character, being hard-working, and a prayer warrior. We just love beautiful women.”
WE earlier reported that dancehall musician, Timaya, revealed that 2baba is the only Nigerian musician fit to be called a legend.
Some musicians in the industry have stood the test of time and can now be rightfully called legends.
Timaya, said in a recent interview with Sound City FM that doing music for over 10 years does not make one a legend. He even explained that he doesn’t even consider himself to be a legend in the industry.
He said: “In this part of the world, many artistes when they get to 10 years, they start shouting ‘I’m a legend’, ‘legendary’.
See Another interesting topic; Nigerian woman exposes sidechic after seeing unclad pictures on husband’s phone
“To me, in this industry, the only person that can call himself a legend is 2face. The others shouldn’t. Even if people call me a legend, I don’t like to be seen like that.”